Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Thought I would post the out come of my 308 1.2 PureTech Engine Management Light ( Solid amber each time at switch on ) came on while driving and stayed on each time at start up.
Stated repair required so took it into dealership as it is warranty. The problem was found to be the catalytic convert needed replacing.This was carried out under warranty,
There was no loose of power or engine issues when driving. Seems to be strange for this to occur only after 2 years and less than 15,000 miles.
Great service from my local PGA dealership I took it in the morning and they ordered the part and fitted all in the same day. Great service.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only have had the car a month so don't know what was being put in by the previous owners. I have been putting in Shell regular unleaded. The car appears to run fine on the regular.

What have you noticed different using the Shell V-Power unleaded ?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I'm thinking long term as the engine uses direct injection, I'd like to keep the fuel injectors & inlet valves clean.

Compared to the Tesco Momentum 99 & Esso Synergy Supreme+ unleaded fuels I've tried, the Shell V Power seems to give the engine a bit of extra kick plus slightly better MPG average.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will give a go at next fill up and see if I notice any different. I am impressed so far with how poky the car is from a 1.2 and getting good MPG average in the 50 MPG range . I got 60 MPG on a mainly motorway run of round trip of 60 miles round trip so was well impressed.

It was surprise for cat to go at 2 years. I don't know why it should go in such a short time?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Unusual for a catalytic convertor to fail in such a short period possible causes could be prolonged misfire which would destroy a cat maybe the previous owner left it too long before repair,a faulty coil pack or injector or possibly an out of spec cat from new,i don't think fuel would be the culprit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts