Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wonder if anyone could shed any light on my problem, I have recently bought a 1.6 hdi 110bhp 307 sw and noticed the depollution fault light came on with the error message displayed. The car didn't go into any sort of limp mode and drive fine, no difference at all and it has since gone off, this is the second time since getting the car both times within 800miles of driving. Currently the car has 83k on the clock and seems pretty well looked after. Not had the codes read since it has gone off (again) but should I be worried??

Cheers in advance

·
Registered
90 Posts
hi,
as most of the experts on here recommend that the fault codes be read in peugeot planet 2000, then you will have more of an idea as to why the light comes on and the message is displayed.
could be a number of things but im no expert on this thing so hopefully a more knowledgeable member might be able to help more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for tha, strange now though cos it's gone off again :/ hope it doesn't turn out to be as bad as my old vectra was

·
Registered
42 Posts
If it were me I would have the codes read to satisfy my curiosity, however if the car does not go into limp mode I wouldn't have thought it was a serious problem. Also, if the warning light turns itself off then it's possibly an intermittent fault... really could be anything, like a sensor on the way out perhaps.

My 307 has done about 127k and I'm running with a few fault codes that cause the management light to stay on, but it's nothing serious. Just keep an eye on it, and have the codes read if you know someone who can do it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey,

Cheers for that, was assuming if it come on n then off with no difference in the drive it will be something n nothing like.... I think I may invest in the Peugeot planet reader, I seen a few on fleabay...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts