Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, really need a hand trying to wrap my head around this if someone’s can help! I have a 2007 307 1.6 hdi, reasonably good nick and still runs smoothly apart from every so often my engine management light comes on and the car decides to just cut out. Had it looked at by rac dude and the diagnostic came back with no fault codes or anything! Also, anti pollution fault keeps coming up on the dash when the light comes on. I’ve changed the fuel filter and it’s still happening, changed air filter and that’s done nothing neither! The light tends to go off after leaving the car for an hour or so but it’s starting to get pretty annoying as it’s so unpredictable! Had it in the garage and they’re just trying to rip my eye balls out and keep saying it’s something different every time I get something fixed so I’m turning to you peaugeot gurus to tell me what I can do to fix it. Really don’t want to get rid of the car because like I said, other than the fact the engine management light comes it runs like an absolute dream. If anyone has had the same issue and had it resolved or just knows how to sort this problem please let me know! Thanks in advance.

·
5,618 Posts
If management light comes on there should be a code logged, try and get it read on planet or diagbox.

Sudden cutting out can be a variety of things often.

Air leak into fuel system or blocked tank breather (If it restart with no issue straight away it won't be this)

High or low fuel pressure, low pressure from blocked filter (changed so not that). High pressure sticking regulator (does happen on these) or faulty pressure sensor.

Crank sensor fault (often will not restart until its cooled for a while)

Electrical connection issue or damaged harness

There are other and without a proper code read its difficult to be 100%

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much man!! I’ll check these out tomorrow and get back to you. Are the sensors an easy diy fix do you think? Might go to a scrap yard and see what I can salvage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts