Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I have a 2003 307 that has done about 90k.

Over the last month or so I've noticed a rattling noise coming from the engne when accelerating. It is getting increasingl worse and is worse when goign up hills and putting your foot down more. Also I'm getting a slighly increased judder when stationary (but this may be unrelated).

I took it to a garage who said it needed a new clutch but I have looked around on the forums and on the net and cant really see how clutch problems would be the cause of this - any help and advice greatly appreciated as to what the problem could be - or if it could actually be the clutch!

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replies, it a petrol 1.6 s, I have noticed a couple of squeaks sometimes when I've starte it up and the engine is idleing but not much. The garage also said it could be noisy hydraulics and o misfire compression but again no idea if this makes sense with the symptoms?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a similar rattle on mine (2.0 petrol) I think my problem is the double skin exhaust manifold, im gonna get the pipes spot welded next week, not sure your engine type has the same problem?

Engine rattle

Good Luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts