Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After repair to my 407 HDI the wires on the crank position sensor got damaged and the engine stalled with the engine light on. The damage has been repaired but the engine light is still on and engine do not run. How do one reset the fault?

·
5,994 Posts
The repair has not worked, was not done correctly or you have another fault. The light would go out on cranking when ECU does self test on sensors if it was all OK.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Ian and Windy, it was not only the wiring that was pulled and broken the crank sensor also got damaged. Will buy a replacement tomorrow and post again for help if needed. Appreciate your input. I love this car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Removed the crank position sensor and the head was damaged. I bought a senso but am nou worried about the wires. The wiring on the car has one seperate white wire and a twisted pair with a white and blue wire. We worked out from the damaged wires tha the seperate white one goes on pin 1, the blue and white twisted pair is blue pin 2 and white pin 3.
Can any one confirm this for me. Am I right to say that the supply Voltage should be on pin 1.
Signal on pin 2 and system ground pin 3.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
From the SEDRE diagram, it looks like pin 3 goes to earth, because of the screen symbols inside the sensor. I would have expected the twisted pair to be on pins 1 and 2.

Colours mean nothing with Peugeot - you have to use the wire numbers shown.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Photos of the wires and the damaged plug. The straight seperate wire is the one with a piece still on the plug. The twisted pair was cut as in picture. That straight white one goes on pin 1. Blue is pin 2, and twisted white is 3.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,933 Posts
As has been said once the damage is repaired the engine will start it might take a few stop start cycles before light goes out but light is not stopping it starting.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you Ian and reliable406. I’m waiting for Peugeot South Africa agents to supply a new sensor. Will take 3 days. Voltage measurements from chassis is 5,3V on pin 1, 10,5V on pin 2 and 0V on pin 3.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I replaced the damaged sensor with a new one. Engine just swing over but do not start. Radio, windows do not work. Charged battery and replace. Rafio and windows work. Engine swing over but do not start. Trying to get a scaner to read fault codes. Sny suggestions from the forum?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts