Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys
so heres the problem,car runs fine when going to and from work where theres speed up slow down all the time.
how ever get on the motorway all is ok for about 15minutes or so,thats when the problem starts sit at 65 to 70mph then i get a juddering from the engine and it sounds like pinking (if thats possible with modern cars).
I have replaced the plugs and coil packs as mentioned in the other post.

I used to get an anti pollution warning before i did the coil packs but that doesnt happen now.it used to drop to 3 cylinders when the juddering happened
on motorway.but again that doesnt happen now.

is it a timing issue or fueling issue?

its starting to drive me up the wall,I do a few trips on the motorway each month and i dread to think what damage it might do if it is left to continue.

any input is much appreciated

Stu

P.S. car is a 207sw 1.4 s vti 2007

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As you have replaced several pieces best point to continue before spend more money is to get a diagnostic using Planet 2000 scanning tool, generic scanners usually are not completely reliable for pugs...

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/how-contact-member-peugeot-planet-diagnostic-28190/

hope it helps, cheers
scan was carried out last Wednesday but no luck on detecting the problem.
The only fault it would show was an intermittent misfire.

·
Registered
870 Posts
one of my old fords used to 'pink' but only with a hot engine under load eg, up a hill. spent a age investigating and swapping parts in the end turned out to be the chain tensioner.
not saying this is your problem but something to keep in mind if all else fails.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts