Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm new on here so please treat me gently:)

My mum has a 307 Petrol automatic with about 20k on the clock.
The engine died a couple of years ago, started after about 5 mins. Engine management light showing on the dash. Then perfect for 2 years and last week does the same, again same warning lights. Took the car to main dealer and connected to diagnostics but no ffault found.
Possible ecu fault or something you guys have experienced?

Any help really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
586 Posts
If it had the EML on then they should have picked up a fault. Engine mangement updates are good for most Peugeot cars.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Admittedly I may be being a bit thick here (I often am :)), but by "intermittent" do you mean it cuts out every 2yrs?

If the fault has gone now, I wouldn't worry too much unless it starts happening more frequently. Intermittent problems are always a nightmare to diagnose because they never appear when you have plenty of time to take a look...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Admittedly I may be being a bit thick here (I often am :)), but by "intermittent" do you mean it cuts out every 2yrs?

If the fault has gone now, I wouldn't worry too much unless it starts happening more frequently. Intermittent problems are always a nightmare to diagnose because they never appear when you have plenty of time to take a look...
Yes, cut out 2 years ago then just a couple of weeks ago. It's my mum's car but she's 80+ so now doesn't trust it to get her anywhere without possibly stranding her.
Just dies and then when you leave it for a couple of minutes it starts and runs perfectly.
Nightmare problem to diagnose as you say. Hopefully, it will become more frequent then can be tracked down more easily.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Only a thought - and I'll be honest, I've never had anything to do with Peugeot automatics but it may be the inhibitor switch on the gearbox. Basically the bit that stops you starting the car when it's in gear...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts