Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I would like to say hello to everyone which reads and writes on this forum. This is the best Peugeot forum I have ever found.

Now, my problem...
When driving at low rpm's (about 1100 - 1200) my engine is kind of flickering.
Does enyone had this problem or knows exactly what could it be, cause I will go crazy with it?

Thank you in advance,
Libor

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I see that no one is responding to my thread.
Maybe description was not precise enough.

My car is acting like old cars when choke is not pulled. But the thing is that this happens on cold and on working temp.

·
Registered
184 Posts
My mates is also doing similar at the mo, very low revs though.
At the moment I'm suspecting one of the pullies (alternator, air con, power steering) is stiff. Not had a proper look at it yet though sorry

·
Registered
196 Posts
when was the fuel filter last changed?or service.it could be the fuel filter or the presure might not be wright. mainly low presure lift pump in the tank could be getting lazy.but that would efect starting probs aswell.or could also be an injector not working right.you could try using a bit injector cleaner to the disel and se if thet makes it any better

·
Registered
239 Posts
Libor said:
First I would like to say hello to everyone which reads and writes on this forum. This is the best Peugeot forum I have ever found.

Now, my problem...
When driving at low rpm's (about 1100 - 1200) my engine is kind of flickering.
Does enyone had this problem or knows exactly what could it be, cause I will go crazy with it?

Thank you in advance,
Libor
engine hesitation its called and probably down to oiled throttle body,

they need cleaning out now and then engine breather pipe is the most common cause and is normal

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With every oil change, I am changing all filters - means 15000 km.

pugbod, can you explain me little more in detail.
Where is throttle body and engine breather placed ?

Thanks for the answer in advace.

·
Registered
239 Posts
im not into diesels but if you think of a petrol engine they all have a throttle body on the inlet manifold and the diesel has an intake cool air pipe and you will notice an engine pressure vent on that line and it gunks up with oil residue which fouls the air filter and drops performance because its oiled up and the engine cant breath ( PCV valve ) this is more of an issue with diesel engines with turbo so maintenance is the key and diesel engines need more of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts