Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I've got a 2006 207 1.4, had it about a month.
Last few days i've noticed it's sometimes got a flat spot when pulling away.
Does not happen all the time,sometimes the engines cold sometimes hot.
When it happens the engine just ticks over,does not matter what you do with the accelerator,foot hard down or pump the pedal,last for about 30 seconds then seems ok.
I intend contacting the dealer on monday, the problem is it's an intermittent fault so dont want to be fobbed off.
Anyone come across this or any idea what it might be?

Thanks

G

·
It's common on the 1.4 8v, not sure about the 16v small bore prince unit. To my knowledge, they haven't yet come up with a cure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that Chopper,
Spoke to the salesman today, he said he'd not come across it before,will be speaking to the service dep't in the morning see what they say.

my wife's worried to death about it it happened to her yesterday as she was turning right on a four way junction,car would not move and the lights changed leaving her stuck in the middle.
Some bloody inconsiderate pillock blasting his horn and giving her some verbals made her panic even more.

Will let you know how i get on with it.
Thanks

G

·
Is it the 8v?

At best it's a turgid engine, 75bhp and all but no torque in a car weighing more than a 405 estate is already hard work, but the flat spot makes life even more interesting. Mine did it and the stealers were head scratching - they'd come across the problem many times, but neither they nor PSA had discovered a solution. Out of desperation I dumped in a quadruple dose of Redex and the missus thought it had improved things a bit, though I wasn't so sure myself.

In the end I got fed up with the indifferent build quality and dire reliabilty so sold it before it drove me to give it a Basil Fawlty thrashing. The 207 is the one modern pug I would never own again if you paid me, especially as the new Fiesta is cheaper and a sharper drive.

G

·
Sounds like the 16v. Not heard of that specific fault. Could be a coil on the pack breaking down which wouldn't log a trouble code on the ECU, but could be a plethora of things.

Dump it at the stalers and demand a loan car until it's fixed, as it's clearly unsafe. If they can't fix it, speak with your finance company about rejecting the car. Something like that could kill you, which isn't nice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is probably not the same problem but last year I had a major problem with engine stalling after start and pulling away. It was a 207GT. It was in and out of the garage for three months (yes, you heard me right) during which time I had a courtesy car. It just wouldn't rev, and like your problem it was intermittent.

The 207 then had a long affair with that lap-top they plug in for diagnostics! In the end I demanded a new car (it was 9 months old) and they agreed to do a part-exchange for a very good trade-in deal to compensate me. So I ended up with another new car. I believe it eventually went back to the factory, but I don't think they ever found out what it was.:(

G

·
Ah, the turbo THP 'Prince' units are a different, but dire, kettle of fish. Power loss problems and major flat spots abound. Some have been to failures in the camtrain allowing the timing to slip a fraction of a degree and confuse the ECU, some were cured with software upgrades, just as many still suffer with no cure in sight. In terms of reliability this unit tops off an aleady flaky range, which is a shame as when they're working properly the 207 is a great car.

If it's any consolation MINI owners with the same unit suffer similarly, which shows that the extra expenditure for a slightly effeminate cutsie image doesn't buy you any extra quality.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Hi All
Sorry i've been away and unable to report on what the dealers did with the car.
Below is the report i got from them regarding the checks carried out.

Checked via diag and no faults recorded
Removed and cleaned throttle body and map sensor and carried out ECU software download.
Reconfigured and resynced built in systems interface.

To be fair to the dealer i appreciate it's difficult to sort out a intermittent fault especially if it does not show on the ECU. they did say if it happens again they will have one of their staff to use it for a week.

The car seems to be running ok since then,hopefully it's sorted.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I love working on the EP engines. They just need to be fixed in the way Peugeot describe. I have had no problems with the ones I have repaired.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Few months since i first posted so thought i would update on it.
The car as performed without any problems since the dealer sorted it,my wife loves the car and to be honest i like to drive it myself even tho' i prefer larger cars,mondeo man myself.

I've had niggles with dealers in the past but to be fair they sorted the problem and thats all we want from them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Peugeot 207 1.4 16 valve

Hi,
I am having the same problem with my pug, intermittent and flat spot when it's cold, I have RAC warranty on the car, the problem I am having is that they wanted me to take it to halfords. So I did, they had it on all there diagnostic's and didn't find a thing. Test drove it and didn't find anything. Soon as I drove it off the for court it did it straight away. Halfords didn't charge me for the diagnostics as they didn't find anything, but they do recommend it goes to peugeot for further diagnosis. After speaking with RAC, they said they would not pay for main detailer prices, UNTIL I quoted the 'NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE LAW' they dicieded they would pay £40hr towards labour charge ONLY if the car could not be fixed els where. I am not sure how they will fined any thing as its an intermittent problem. Does this ECU new software work as a cure???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts