Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all, new to this site, don’t know if I’m posting in right place, but here goes, my 308 gt line, dash came up with this, engine fault, repair needed, shortly followed by emissions control fault, service light on too and also urea light, and engine management light, phoned rac up for them to come out as I didn’t want to drive car, rac man said it would be ok to drive and to put in 4th gear and drive at high revs for about 10 miles, so to cut a long story short, everything is showing clear now, no faults showing at all, so my question is, should I still book car in for a full diagnostics check, just to be on the safe side

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
If it's a diesel then it could be the dpf that was getting blocked up. Driving at high revs heats up the dpf and burns off the particles trapped in the filter. This is known as regeneration and is one of the downsides of having a diesel that does mainly shoort, round town journeys. They need pretty regular runs at speed to prevent it getting blocked.

With all the fault lights now being out you will be good to use it as normal. Just remember to give it a blast down the motorway (obeying speed limits) every now & then.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it's a diesel then it could be the dpf that was getting blocked up. Driving at high revs heats up the dpf and burns off the particles trapped in the filter. This is known as regeneration and is one of the downsides of having a diesel that does mainly shoort, round town journeys. They need pretty regular runs at speed to prevent it getting blocked.

With all the fault lights now being out you will be good to use it as normal. Just remember to give it a blast down the motorway (obeying speed limits) every now & then.
Cheers for your reply, just puts my mind more at ease

1 - 3 of 3 Posts