Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning my 3008 dash board went haywire. Started showing "engine fault repair need" then "Battery charge or electrical supply faulty" ECO button flashing. battery light on. Went to dealer and obviously nothing happens.

This afternoon the same but this time all kind of faults where showing @exhuast filter", "hand brake fault" EPS and ABS. then all things started happening, Loss of power steering, lights were coming on and off. barely arrived home (without power steering).

Now if I switch on the electrics only, i have battery light on and dash showing
engine fault repair need. (battery is only fours months old)

Any experienced someting similar? and do I tow the car to garage or can i drive it?

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Sounds like either
A you have a wiring issue
B you have a dodgy alternator
C the fusebox underbonnet is faulty

My money is on B but check the drivebelt has not fallen off !!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hi, I think you were spot on. I checked the drive belt and it is in place, but seems to be very loose. I started the engine and the pulleys are not rotating, basically it seems there is a disconnection from the drive shaft. What do you think is the issue?

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
There are a few possibilities without seeing it its hard to say but just incase it is the bottom crank pulley loose i would not drive it any further until its looked at

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a quick note to thank you. Car back from Mechanic like brand new. You were spot on, he changed the Dynamic tensioner and tensioner. thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts