Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've just got a message from my 308 (1.6.diesel eHDi 2014): "Engine fault repair needed". It came up 15 seconds after starting the car, 50 meters after moving it. I stopped. Switched on again and the message was back. Engine seems running smooth, I tried to drive it down the supermarket and back and no problem at all.
The engine warning light keeps on, but the STOP light does not switch on (I've noticed on some video online you can also have the stop notification when you should not drive the car apparentlty)
Last month I made the full service and MOT which I passed without even advisory. Is it possible it's just an electical problem?
Is there anything I can check by my own before taking it to a mechanic on Monday?

thanks
LM

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
That message can mean a host of different things.
The only certain way to know is to read the fault codes logged by the ECU.
This is best done by the PSA Diagbox software, but if you know someone with a late generic EOBD code reader they might be able to read the code, and delete it.

I've had the same happen a couple of times recently. On both occasions I was able to delete the code, and it never came back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought the same but I have no way to read the code unless I can plugin my usb-c Mac cable.
Will have to visit a mechanic on Monday and hope can be solved easily.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
One local car spares shop has a reader and will read codes etc for a tenner, maybe worth asking around?
Though I do have Diagbox, I just bought an ELM327 bluetooth EOBD reader for less than a tenner. Quicker to use for basic ECU stuff. You also need a free App too though.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Engine fault repair needed will show for example when your FAP additive is low, so, you can't know what it is without diagnostic. In my experience, ELM327 is waste of money, I throw it in the garbage after a week. Only the Diagbox is a real tool for PSA vehicles.

·
Registered
120 Posts
i got same message when lpg was halted due to dirt. gasoline all good. it can mean anything.
it was solved by dealership reset

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is what happened now. I went into a peugeot authorised mechanic 1 miles down my road. It told me he's super busy all the week and did not have even a minute to check the ECU. Ok, sorry, went out and drove the car back home. Oh, when I switched it outside the mechanic the engine light did not come up!

I am now convinced to research and buy a code reader :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts