Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all.

I have a 2009 407 2.0 HDI Sport 140 as a company car and it is misbehaving.

Driving along normally, the engine spluttered for a moment and then "ESP/ASR Fault" appeared on the screen followed by a beep and "Engine Fault - Repair Needed". I stopped when it was safe and turned off the engine, waited a while and then re-started it. The ESP/ASR fault seemed to have cleared, but it beeped and displayed the Engine Fault warning. The orange engine check light is staying on (apparently indicating an emission control system fault). Otherwise, the car is running fine.

It did this a few months ago and the local Peugeot dealer put it on their diagnostic system. They said there was no fault, must have been a transient thing, reset the warning and advised me to keep an eye on it.

It's booked in at the local garage this afternoon (Peugeot dealer having gone bust...), but I just wondered if this was a known problem with an easy fix.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
My 58 plate did something like this about a week after I got it. Booked it in, and apparently there was a fault with the underbonnet fuse box.
It chucked up red warnings and went in to limp home mode. I was most unimpressed. Well it hasn't done it since, so I'm guessing they fixed it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I went out to take the car to the garage to be diagnosed and the warning light is off. I called the garage and they said it's not uncommon. If a momentary problem occurs, it can take some time before the computer decides its OK. They said that on the drive in to work this morning, it probably met certain criteria (engine up to temp, hit certain revs etc) and decided that everything was within the expected parameters, so it's cleared the warning by itself.

Thanks for the response anyway, Iain!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts