Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get an intermittent engine fault alarm on my car it is a 1600 diesel, it's been back to the dealer twice but it still keeps reappearing. It seems to come on after a run of 13 miles, it will then remain up for a few days. Then after starting up from cold it will clear but not always. Anybody had the same issue?

·
Registered
978 Posts
I can offer no suggestions other than to persevere with the dealer. I'm assuming it's under guarantee and I'd keep at them until it's fixed.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Have you checked your battery is ok? as that can trigger engine fault too.
I had mine at the dealer for long term. When I started it on collection that fault appeared. Could be sign battery is on way out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you checked your battery is ok? as that can trigger engine fault too.
I had mine at the dealer for long term. When I started it on collection that fault appeared. Could be sign battery is on way out.
Thanks all ... the fault that i get is " Engine fault:have the vehicle repaired"

·
Registered
978 Posts
Unfortunately that can cover so many different things.

If it's displaying an error message like that then there will be error codes stored that can be read by a Diagbox. It has to go back to the dealer.

How old is it? How many miles has it covered?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It`s three in Sept 2018 and just turned 29000 miles, it`s going back to the dealer on weds for a service and MOT Ive sent them an email tonight stating that the problems still exists i have also stated that I am disappointed in Peugeot that they have not sorted the problem. the one thing that worries me is that if this fault is incurring costs in the future who is responsible as it has been defected in July 2018 within the warranty period

·
Registered
978 Posts
If the fault is recorded before the warranty expires then that's fine. It's only if it appears after expiry that could be problematic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It`s in the garage now, diagnosed to have a faulty Adblue tank,which seems to have pressurizing issues.
They are fitting a new tank and associated pipework

1 - 10 of 10 Posts