Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My engine fan is not working. I've had it on planet and done the actuator test for low and high speed tests but the fan doesn't turn. Also tried it with AC turned on and fan still not turning :(

I've checked the MF1 30A fuse which is fine and the F4 10A which is also fine. I've visually checked the connectors and they are also fine. I've popped off the relay cover and they look fine too. I did the test again to see if I could hear the relays click over but nothing at all.

Any ideas please as I dont want to just throw money at it, I need to see if there is anything obvious I have missed.

Thanks

PB

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Updated.

After some fiddling with all the connectors the fan now cuts in with the AC but still doesn't work on the actuator tests in planet. Odd but if anyone knows why please let me know :)

Thanks

PB

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the exact same problem. So watching this space myself. I'm gona try changing those green relays Tomoz with some from a scrappy of I can.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the exact same problem. So watching this space myself. I'm gona try changing those green relays Tomoz with some from a scrappy of I can.
Hi,

Let us know how you get on as If yours works with new / 2nd hand relays then i'll splash out and get new ones. Really odd how it works with the AC but nothing else.

Cheers and good luck fella

PB

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
The remap can turn this off as its needed for the DPF but all parts of DPF remapped out , this includes fans , mines the same , will rewire fans to switch on the dash at some point but i`ve never needed fans in this climate.:thumb:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The remap can turn this off as its needed for the DPF but all parts of DPF remapped out , this includes fans , mines the same , will rewire fans to switch on the dash at some point but i`ve never needed fans in this climate.:thumb:
Very interesting Betty. Well in that case, leave well enough alone as they say :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well mine don't come on with air con either. However in standstill traffic today it crept up to 100 on the temp gauge.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well mine don't come on with air con either. However in standstill traffic today it crept up to 100 on the temp gauge.
Ok, that sounds like a relay or fuse that's gone. Mine has been remaped to remove the DPF so the fans will not cut in. At least if it gets too hot I can switch on the AC to cool the rad down.

I'll still be interested to hear back from you Krismc on if the relays get it working for you.

PB

·
Registered
49 Posts
I really hope it is those green relays at the front of the rad and not anything else. Will be a nice cheap fix then. Fingers crossed for Tomoz.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well raided the scrap yard today, tried 2 different pairs of relays, and still nothing :(

Looks like it will have to go to a garage as in this heat the temp creaps up in traffic.

·
Registered
37 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
there are x2 too relays one for high speed and one for low speed the green ones corrode badly and the wiring can burn as a result best continuity test or fit one of the add on fan switch assemblies in my above post, depends how much time you have ? :thumb:

R

·
0 Posts
Well raided the scrap yard today, tried 2 different pairs of relays, and still nothing :(

Looks like it will have to go to a garage as in this heat the temp creaps up in traffic.
didnt come across a trip switch for me while you were there did ya...sombody find me one please...:D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ps. Yes I did look for trip switches, but they all had the comm unit removed

Try looking at citroen c4's, that's where mine was sourced from.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've spent a few hours getting sun fried today under the hood with the fan and relays. I removed both relays and cleaned all the contacts and then copper slipped them ever so just slightly.

Replaced back into the car, started the engine and set AC to on. Approx 20 seconds later the low speed fan cuts in. Good as it did that anyway.

Shutdown and booted planet, Engine ecu, diesel, rhs, actuator tests and Fan. Well both fans low and high now work in planet:) This is rather stange although I am not complaining as I removed and tested the relays yesterday and they didnt work!

Does anyone know the correct temp the fan should cut in on the 307 2.0 110 HDI please?

Betty one for you. Now they are working in planet I am guessing they should now work when the engine gets to the cut-in temp?

Cheers

PB

1 - 20 of 35 Posts