Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I noticed before that engine ECU would not read in Planet before I sent the car to the garage for the list of work to be done.

Everything else would read in planet except the engine ecu. On global test it would get to engine ecu and stop for 3 mins and reports ecu failed to communicate. So I ran the test again with the engine running and same proble.

So I have the car back from the garage and I put planet on and it still will not read the engine ecu. I need to get it read as it is not giving the power it should. Before I purchased the car the previous owner had the cat and dpf removed and the ecu played with. Now I can't access the engine ecu but i'm not getting any faults, codes or issues, it's just well down on power. I was hoping that with the head gasket being changed the power problem would be resolved but not so.

Does anyone have any ideas? Planet access all other systems and test perfectly :(

Cheers

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i would do what Betty says as when i was working on a car it was doing the same as this turned out the fuse was blown
Hey CMax, Betty.

Would you know if this fuse F4 10A in the engine bay which works the following?

Engine Control Module, Fan relays and heater control.

I ask the cooling fans also don't seem to come on no matter how hot the engine is, so i'm guessing it's this fuse.

Cheers

PB

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Hi,

Have checked the following fuses.

glove box
F4 AND F16

Engine bay
F4 and F5

All these fuses are ok but planet still cant communicate with the engine ecu. Any other ideas please?

Cheers

EDIT: Jim from easy diagnostics has been remoted onto my laptop for an hour and cant get it to communicate either. Any ideas please?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Have you tried test by ecu and enter they engine code etc...that should bring you in.
Have you tried any other diagnostic equipment...?
If still no good then the wiring between the 16 pin obd plug to ecu needs
to be checked.
Hi Risky,

Yes done it single ecu and engine code. It just doesnt communicate. Jim from easy diagnostics is dialled in again now. He's been looking around since 19:00.

What a guy, he is so good :)

Big up to Jim

R

·
0 Posts
just looked on the peugeot planet map looks like zooanski is closest to you might be worth hooking his up just see if its any differant..btw on the map your in sommerset..best update it lol..

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
just looked on the peugeot planet map looks like zooanski is closest to you might be worth hooking his up just see if its any differant..btw on the map your in sommerset..best update it lol..
Thanks rog, Jim mention you tonight :)

Im between homes Yeovil and Norfolk until 1st week of June then in Norfolk full time.

Looks like its a wiring fault as all other ecu's etc report back but ive checked the fuses etc and all ok. If its not raining tomorrow i'll pull the engine fuse box and check the wiring.

I only want my cruise enabling :(

I'll also update the map at the end of the month

PB

1 - 20 of 23 Posts