Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've recently acquired a diagnostic kit in order to retro-fit cruise to my 2005 1.6 HDi 307 :) After getting that working and disabling the incredibly annoying rain sensor I did some fault searching and found the following tucked away in the engine ECU:

• P1351 - Engine ECU
    Permanent fault. Pre/post heating relay circuit. Relay controlled and spark plugs plugs not supplied.
  • P0409 - Engine ECU
    Intermittent fault. EGR solenoid valve. Stick of the valve on programming it values.
  • P0405 = Engine ECU
    Intermittent fault. EGR valve circuit. Low EGR repeat raw signal.
  • P0490 - Engine ECU
    Intermittent fault. EGR valve circuit. Not enough EGR, EGR valve too closed in relation to reference value.
  • P0489 - Engine ECU
    Intermittent fault. EGR valve circuit. Too much EGR, EGR vale too open in relation to the reference value.
  • P0000 - Engine ECU
    Fault does not have an after sales reference.
I haven't been able to find out much about the codes. I'm tempted to clear them and see what creeps back, is that the way to go? In regards to the EGR, I do think there's something going on. When driving at low revs, around the 1000 mark, the car will sometimes, uh, sort of... sneeze? It's basically like a momentary loss of power - like I lifted my foot of the accelerator and then slammed it back on.

What do you think?

Best regards
Mike

P.S. Bonus points for anyone who knows what this means:

• Multifunction display
    Absence of the clock saving permanent positive. Not characterised. Local.

·
Registered
402 Posts
and disabling the incredibly annoying rain sensor
Something must be wrong with the sensor, are there air pockets between screen and gel-pad? I just retrofitted auto wipers, and i think it's one of the best things i have ever done, after a trip down Europe with intermittent rain, i wouldn't be without it

Holt

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Something must be wrong with the sensor, are there air pockets between screen and gel-pad? I just retrofitted auto wipers, and i think it's one of the best things i have ever done, after a trip down Europe with intermittent rain, i wouldn't be without it

Holt
I read your thread about your retrofit! :) I used to own a Xsara Picasso, and I'm used to pressing the wiper stalk down to do a single wipe. I found on the Peugeot if I did a single wipe, then changed to it to intermittent wipe, it would activate the rain sensor. I tested it briefly on the motorway in a drizzle and the wipers went mental. I think for now I'll stick to manual activation... as for the codes, I'll give them a wipe tonight. Going to do a 486 mile round trip to Stansted and back over the next two weeks so I'll see which faults reappear.

·
Registered
402 Posts
There seem to be two types of stalks, one with the auto wiper when you move the stalk down (facelift perhaps) i have seen that before, he wasn't pleased with it either, and the type i have, where i move the stalk up to where intermittent was before. i still have the single wipe funktion, and woulden't be too pleased to loose that either. Do you then have both intermittent and auto wipers?

Holt

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the three speed settings (when you move the stalk up) and the single wipe (when you move it down). If I had it on say, intermittent, and the automatic wiper function was on, the wipers would change speed if the sensor thought the rain was getting heavier.

Is that what you were asking?

To turn auto wipers on, you would press down on the stalk, then switch it to intermittent and it would say on the LCD that it was on. It would then turn off if you moved the wiper stalk back to the 'neutral' position. PITA. It would have been much simpler if Peugeot made it so you could turn it on/off in the menu like the auto headlights :)

·
Registered
402 Posts
I can't change between intermittent and sensor, when i choose sensor in the bsi with pp2000, the intermittent funktion is lost (until i change it back of course) I wasn't too impressed with intermittent, because it wiped every 2 seconds when going over 55 miles/90 km/h, which is too fast i think 6-8 seconds would be more appropriate

Holt

·
Registered
586 Posts
Yes when placed in reverse the circuit which is made by the switch is faultly or the switch is defunct. Possible the mulifunction switch on the gearbox is defunct

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I noticed in the faults that most of them have a mileage of around 62,000km embedded in them. Is this any sort of indication of age? i.e. did the faults appear at 62,000km or did they appear 62,000km ago? Either way the car is now on 121,000 miles or 194,700km.

I'm going to clear the faults and see what happens, driving to Stansted tomorrow so I'll see if any come back :thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts