Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone can confirm if the silver metal post about half an inch diameter and a couple of inches to the right of the battery is the engine earthing point. Just want to be sure where to clip the black terminal of my battery charger!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Are you planning to charge it withe everything still connected? Not something I would do unless you have a battery conditioner designed for such things.

Why would you not attach it to the negative terminal of the battery itself?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
That silver post is where I attach the negative terminal of my trickle charger if I'm leaving the car for a while when working away.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When charging the battery fitted in the car the black negative terminal should be connected to a suitable earthing point but NOT the battery. The Peugeot manual confirms this, but the diagram showing the earthing point could be clearer.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sure, if you have something like a ctek 4003...I also use one for my westfield over winter... but I would not use a regular battery charger without disconnecting the leads first.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I will be using a CTEK CT5 charger. It's optimised for cars with Start/Stop systems. The Peugeot manual does state that "it is not necessary to disconnect the battery"

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the ring connectors, but not sure if I can install them without disconnecting the battery, which I don't want to do.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I can just about connect the positive terminal clip to the battery without having to pull up the quick release mechanism. Not sure how you would manage with heavy duty leads like jump cables. It's a bit of a silly design.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts