Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another problem I am having with my baby.
Around town she runs flawlessly,
At speeds higher than 60mph she has moments where she cuts out for a split second. Then she just dies - sounds like fuel just stops.
After sitting there for 5 - 10 mins she will then fire up and providing i keep speed below 60 she will purr along.

PP & Diag finds no faults

Any ideas?

407 1.6HDi 2007

Cheers

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Another problem I am having with my baby.
Around town she runs flawlessly,
At speeds higher than 60mph she has moments where she cuts out for a split second. Then she just dies - sounds like fuel just stops.
After sitting there for 5 - 10 mins she will then fire up and providing i keep speed below 60 she will purr along.

PP & Diag finds no faults

Any ideas?

407 1.6HDi 2007

Cheers
I would get it on planet and check fault codes and live data

C

·
0 Posts
I had similar-ish issue a few months ago. Where car would run fine then all of a sudden power would die and it would only move at snails pace, engine ran but like a bag of spanners but would also cut out.

Planet also gave no codes and no warnings on the dash, only thing that looked odd on live data was fuel pressure at the point of engine struggling.

Can't say for certain what it was as I did the following at the same time and it's been fine since, but I suspect a dodgy fuel filter was to blame.

As already suggested changed fuel filter.

Remove and clean air doser with carb cleaner.

Remove fuel sender unit from tank and clean.

·
12,141 Posts
Mine used to do a "shudder" for a few seconds on the motorway when warm, it was the diesel heater sensor. No warnings on screen, only Planet picked up the fault code.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for all response. I will get fuel filter changed as soon as i can this week and give everything a good clean as suggested.
Will report back with updates.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Any problems with the FAP filter? Mine has a FAP fault and the same problem. Dies at motorway speeds no issues in the city. The problem occures over 3500+ rpm

·
Registered
29 Posts
similar issue to mine ... turned out that was the crank sensor and didn't throw a code for it! really simple job to do if you have the later diesel engine as it's on the pulley end and easy to change just by jacking the car slightly and crawling underneath. sensor cost around £24 iirc

·
Registered
32 Posts
Same thing cured mine. New crankshaft sensor and new connector since the old one was missing the seal. However Diagbox showed an error in the sensor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts