Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, this is my first post, wishing you all the best, just wanted to ask you all for some guidance on my car,

It's a 307 1.4 petrol on an 02 plate and when I start it up it finds it difficult to maintain revs before cutting out, I have to play with the throttle without moving for a minute or so then it settles down and runs fine.

I thought it might possibly be over-choking and when it warms up and the choke is off its alright.

Can anyone help, is there something I can clean, adjust , tighten or maybe wallop :) to sort it out.

awaiting your collective wisdom

cheers

Chris

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the same problem with my 2.0 petrol, but it doesn't quite cut out, just feels like it doesn't want to go and may stall, almost like pulling off in 2nd. If you give it some revs, it then pulls off fine and doesn't feel sluggish at traffic lights etc.

Had my ecu read for an unrelated fault (ESP/ASR) and PP also gave an error for (sorry, can't remember the code) intermittent injector to exhaust manifold fault. Peugeot said that it was an expensive fix for something that causes relatively few problems. I think he said that the car only uses that part(?) for the first minute or so after starting the engine.

Someone here may be able to tell you if that fault could be causing your problem?? I'm a novice :eek:

Andrea

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the same problem with my 2.0 petrol, but it doesn't quite cut out, just feels like it doesn't want to go and may stall, almost like pulling off in 2nd. If you give it some revs, it then pulls off fine and doesn't feel sluggish at traffic lights etc.

Had my ecu read for an unrelated fault (ESP/ASR) and PP also gave an error for (sorry, can't remember the code) intermittent injector to exhaust manifold fault. Peugeot said that it was an expensive fix for something that causes relatively few problems. I think he said that the car only uses that part(?) for the first minute or so after starting the engine.

Someone here may be able to tell you if that fault could be causing your problem?? I'm a novice :eek:

Andrea
Hi Andrea the fault turned out to be PO444 Canister Purge Valve Circuit but that code was read on a snap-on code reader, I'm currently waiting for a Peugeot Planet reader (from HK @£57) so I can fully check the system.
The start-up seems much better but the Antipollution warning and engine light keeps coming on intermittently so I don't know the full extent of the problem.
chris :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts