Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I'm looking to swap my engine in my partner it's a 2002 2.0hdi rhy found a second hand engine with the same Siemens fuel system but the new one has the 2 oil fillers and has air con and the one in my van doesn't will this still fit?
Cheers

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Merry Christmas guys hope you’ve had a good one, eventually got the old engine out this morning, weren’t to bad actually, got the new engine (second hand) ready to go in , so I’ve managaed to get one with the Siemens fuel pump and injectors which is the same as the one which has come out, what other parts may need changing over? Clutch etc,?
Cheers

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
No pumps are not coded as the immobiliser is built into the ECU on 2 litres

Make sure turbo outlet is same as van ones are different to cars also make sure it is same control system if it looks different might be best to use your own if unsure

Use whatever clutch looks the best if you have a choice of solid or dual mass flywheel use the solid one.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was hoping I could use the new turbo, will look tmro, what’s the control system, might change the clutch over as the van it’s going in has the cable type gearbox

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
I mean the turbo control system if it is a 90 hp which it should be with siemens injection then the turbo should be right with a boost controlled wastegate rather than vacuum but check the outlet angle as they vary depending on where they came from.

Use whatever flywheel/clutch combo suits your box

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok will do, it’s the same code rhy 90 so fingers crossed it’s ok, should there be the lugs on the flywheel like on the 1.9 as the crank sensor is in the same place,

Cheers

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That’s good because I can’t remember seeing the lugs so was worrying , will put the engine in in a couple of days will let you know how I get on,

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If the turbo outlets are different can I swap the one off the old on to the new without swapping the whole turbo?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Could I do that just swap the outlet so the exuasrt fits but keep the new turbo on? Il be on with it in the morning,

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Yes but only if the turbo is the same type as there are variations 2 basic turbo types AND the various outlets so probably 6 possible configurations !

Get old engine out and get them side by side and compare any differences it easier to make it right BEFORE fitting.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had the morning on it, surprised me how much was different the actual turbo was the same though with the wastegate, but I swapped the whole thing took it off the manifold and took the intel above the turbo off as that was different and a few coolant pipes, from what I can see the rest is the same, so when I have a bit of time will drop it in, swapped the cambelt and waterpump for a new one, the timing was slightly out of the new one lined the cam up put the drill bit in, the one into the flywheel was just ever so slightly out but must of been running ok like that for years. will let you no if she runs.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Thats what i thought you might say its probably a different style of wiring harness to the glowplugs so if thats where it goes it wont matter for now it WILL NOT stop it starting regardless of what the man down the pub says :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That’s good news then,, will crack back on with it tmro, got to put gearbox on so shouldn’t take long, fingers crossed get it going tmro

1 - 20 of 130 Posts