Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if its recommended or compatible but is it possible to change the engine of my Pug 206?

I have a 2002 Pug206 1.6L XR AUTO and I want to change it to 2.0L gti engine. The problem is the GTI engine is from a manual car.

Is the engine independent of the gearbox? Or are they stuck together. Because I want to use the GTI engine but still have automatic transmission?

What other things do I need to change if i decide to change the engine?

Thanks.

·
Registered
862 Posts
miggy said:
I dont know if its recommended or compatible but is it possible to change the engine of my Pug 206?

I have a 2002 Pug206 1.6L XR AUTO and I want to change it to 2.0L gti engine. The problem is the GTI engine is from a manual car.

Is the engine independent of the gearbox? Or are they stuck together. Because I want to use the GTI engine but still have automatic transmission?

What other things do I need to change if i decide to change the engine?

Thanks.

You would be able to change the engine easily enough. but you would be advised to upgrade the shock and brake pads and discs. If you make the car more powerful you also have to be able to stop quicker ,also the cars existing set up would have the car rolling about through every corner hence stiffer shocks/suspension.

The gti is manual the gear box is seperate from engine but i think that the auto box and engine are combined,will find out for sure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts