Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a peugeot 306 1.4 meridian, that i thought had blown the head gasket. My mechanic has informed me there is a hole in the block, therefore i need a new engine. I have a 1.4 peugeot 106 roland garros engine, and to save me buying a new engine, is the 106 and 306 engines the same? And will the 106 engine fit the 306?

C

·
0 Posts
Very nearly, and very probably, depending on the model year of each & pending issues swapping certain engine management related items twixt the donor engine and he dead one.

It might be wise to keep as much of the original management system, inlet plenum, exhaust manifold etc from the old unit, but aside from that shouldn't present a challenge.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Dont that cause lots of trouble insurance wise swapping engines. I know on my Harley they want to know the ins and outs of a ducks arse about all the alterations

C

·
0 Posts
This chap wants only to replace his knackered engine, with a more or less identical engine, albeit sourced from a different Peugeot model, so his car won't be modified in any way. Provided he updates the DVLA with the new engine number I don't anticipate any issues.

·
Registered
41 Posts
chopper1192 said:
This chap wants only to replace his knackered engine, with a more or less identical engine, albeit sourced from a different Peugeot model, so his car won't be modified in any way. Provided he updates the DVLA with the new engine number I don't anticipate any issues.

True, although as far as I aware there are plenty about which haven't informed DVLA:lol: :lol:

and all the older 1400cc engines are engine code TU3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts