Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right I will be receiving my turbo back on Wednesday from repair. It was all carbon up causing the p2562 fault. They have advised me to replace the engine breather, where is this on a 407sw 2.0hdi 2005?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Sounds a bit strange. I can't understand why replacing the breather hose(s?) really would alter the amount of carbon/soot exiting the exhaust. Unless it pushes large amounts of oil through, but that would rather indicate a problem with pistonrings etc. as it would have to have lots of blow-by.

Sure the engine have been run on proper low-ash/soot oil?

·
Registered
46 Posts
It would be the engine breather not the hoses. It will be like a small filter but not sure where.
It would be this i think i have a problem with it by overal oil cosumption, and it looks like i have a crack in breather hose so oil leaks.As far as i know under this blackcap is a some membrane and it can brake so it lets oil through.I dont know how to open this cap to see the condition of this membrane.Questio for B1ack_Mi 16 does this membrane can be replaced separately or all the top cover engine must be replaced in this case???
Membrane looks something like this;pic 2

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts