Peugeot Forums banner

Engine Bay Cleaning

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Gibbo 
#1 ·
What is the best way to clean my engine bay and underside of bonnet, I don’t have a pressure washer. What kind of cleaning products are best, and what areas if any should I cover to avoid water getting in?
This is for a 2004 307 cc 2.0 automatic.
Thanks!

#2 ·
I used a pump sprayer with just water in it to lightly moist the area then applied elbow grease cleaning product to most areas and worked it in with a detailing brush. Rinsed it with same pump sprayer. Dried everything off with microfibre cloths. Aplied autobright driect trim protector to all black plastics but any trim dressing will work. This was done on my Citreon ds3 but same should apply to any car engine really. Engine is mostly water resistand best advice is not to force water into or near any eletrical connections, battery or altenator.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Hey!
Thank you for taking the time to reply, I have just now on your advise there ordered a pump sprayer.
I am finding this lockdown a perfect way to properly have the time to give my car the TLC it needs. And, I am loving doing it too.
Always really appreciated cars due to my Dad’s influence, and it’s a passion of a nice clean motor which gives us a father and daughter bond which we love. I don’t understand a lot about cars but a clean looked after motor and a nice sound coming from the car is what I enjoy the most.

#4 ·
No problem. I am the exact same. passionate about cars. I have a peugeot 308gti now that needs an engine bay clean which I will give the same treatment as mentioned above. Btw elbow grease is a degreaser generally used arround the house but any degreaser or all purpose cleaner should do the trick. If you are into clean cars you should check out the detailing world forum you will find it on tapatalk. Full of great advice on there and a really friendly bunch. I have got a full detailing garage setup that I have built up over the last year and its a great hobby. If you need any other help with car detailing or cleaning feel free to reach out

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.