Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been wanting to give my engine bay a nice clean up and detail to get rid of all the dust and dirt build up from uncaring previous owners since I bought the car about 7 weeks ago.

I've had a good scout around and read up on techniques and best products so I was planning on doing it fairly soon.

Well... I sort of found an unexpected very cheap cheat and I've cleaned it all up really quite well and took only 10mins... Here's the photos:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

By no means perfect, but as a quick fix it's a massive improvement. (I also picked up the plastic cover that goes over the coolant bottle from scrappy for a few quid - helps smarten things up too)

So what was the secret product?

Couple of quid from LIDL. Awesome on black plastics, no good for the actual dashboard though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
looking much better. I am a professional valeter and clean my engine by getting it good and hot, spraying all over with diluted traffic film remover followed by agitation with a paint brush, then steamed off under pressure, while it is still wet spray with something like autoglym super sheen and leave it to dry naturally. A quick wipe round with a cloth after sees the engine looking like brand new. :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts