Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got a peugeot 607 2003 plate which has got a warning message coming up every time i turn the car on which says something like "Anti Pollution System Inoperative" coming up on the display panel. There is also a picture of what looks like the engine block coming up on the screen. I havent got a manual for the car as I have only had it a couple of months and am unsure of what this message refers to. Am I damaging it more by using it whilst this message is showing? Is there anything I can do myself?

·
Registered
862 Posts
maisie said:
I have got a peugeot 607 2003 plate which has got a warning message coming up every time i turn the car on which says something like "Anti Pollution System Inoperative" coming up on the display panel. There is also a picture of what looks like the engine block coming up on the screen. I havent got a manual for the car as I have only had it a couple of months and am unsure of what this message refers to. Am I damaging it more by using it whilst this message is showing? Is there anything I can do myself?

could be anything from your filters oil/petrol etc or the exhaust system when was the car last serviced?

·
Registered
945 Posts
moose, bigman, I have got the same problem aswell.. really peed off with the dealers as I have had a major service two weeks ago... so obviously they havent cleaned or topped up the particle filter..

It used to give me clean diesel filter warning now and then and today when I drove down south to manchester, it started giving me "Engine Anti-pollution System Faulty" warning...

will be on my way back on sunday, I hope the light goes off over night.. fingers crossed..

Please advise me if cleaning and topping up is included in the major service, so I can shaft the dealers when I get back..

cheers, waiting for reply...

·
Registered
26 Posts
i never even heard of this warning???? im checking manual guide, ill let u know if i figure something out in there

·
Registered
945 Posts
:) I hope you never come across it either, its a pain in the back side.. moose, bigman where are you...

·
Registered
862 Posts
If your car has just been serviced that should rule out a problem with the filters, you might be low on diesel additive,the egr valve might be goosed or the fap filter needs cleaning. None of wich would be included in a service.
Make sure they did actually replace air and diesel filter

·
Registered
945 Posts
thanks for your reply mate, the car was services 2 weeks ago (major service).. just a wee question, does the major service include the particle filter additive topup ???

earlier.. I went out te the town.. started the car.. the warning was away.. I was like that to the wifey, ya beauty...

I was like thank god, nay worries..

after about 18 miles of drives, when I go into Manchester City Centre, the engine gave a wee bit of a nudge and this time as well as the "anti pollution warning" I had ESP ASR warning message aswell..

I pure paniced...

the light is till on... temperature is fine.. car drives fine.. do you reckon I would be easily able to make up to Glasgow ?? its like 225 miles, if so, what precautions I should take ??

·
Registered
862 Posts
Scotcruz said:
thanks for your reply mate, the car was services 2 weeks ago (major service).. just a wee question, does the major service include the particle filter additive topup ???

earlier.. I went out te the town.. started the car.. the warning was away.. I was like that to the wifey, ya beauty...

I was like thank god, nay worries..

after about 18 miles of drives, when I go into Manchester City Centre, the engine gave a wee bit of a nudge and this time as well as the "anti pollution warning" I had ESP ASR warning message aswell..

I pure paniced...

the light is till on... temperature is fine.. car drives fine.. do you reckon I would be easily able to make up to Glasgow ?? its like 225 miles, if so, what precautions I should take ??
The additive isnt part of the service,they would rather charge you extra for it.You should be able to get home ok.The esp warning will come on and stay on even if the fault rectifys itself. Have known this to be caused by water in/on the contacts of the abs pump or water in the fuse box.

·
Registered
945 Posts
nice one, cheers for your advice mate..

Im gonnay head up the road in the evening.. called AA for the now, they said they have a diagnostic tool aswell..

they are on there way now.. so as soon as I have an update, I will let you know..

so to get this right, there is no way I can fix this myself.. I do have to go the dealers who would remap the parameters if there is anything wrong with it yeah ??

thanks again bigman..

·
Registered
945 Posts
disappointment... AA guy came in, connected the diagnosis kit but it wouldnt talk to the car..

bad luck or what ???

he was saying that as the engine is in Limp mode, you should not drive the car..

what do you reckon moose, will I be ok to come up the road driving carefully.

·
Registered
862 Posts
pugz said:
i never even heard of this warning???? im checking manual guide, ill let u know if i figure something out in there
GOT THIS FROM ANOTHER WEBSITE AS IT DESCRIBES ESP/ASR PERFECTLY

ESP stands for Electronic Stability Programme and is classed an active safety system.
The function of this system is to increase the vehicle's inherent limits of stability. Thus reducing the risk of an uncontrolable skid.
This is achieved by the following means:

Over or understeering is controled by operating individual brakes and by modulating the engine torque via the engine management system.
Under braking conditions wheel lock-up is prevented via the ABS system
Under deceleration on slippery surface skiding of the front wheels can be prevented by slight acceleration. This funcion is called MSR.
Under acceleration the system can control slipage of the driving wheels by controling the throttle and by using the brakes. This funcion is called ASR.
Brake force distribution is maintained by REF, Electronic Brake Force Distribution. This is to prevent the vehicle from going into a spin during heavy braking.
The ESP system is managed by a computer that receives information from wheel speed sensors, steering sensor and gyrometer or accelerotmeter sensor.
The computer communicates with other systems such as the Engine Management, Transmission Management, the BSI and the electronically controlled suspension where applicable

This is the Electronic Stability Programme and traction control,the warning light can be acctivated by a multitude of faults-

1. Water in the fuse box.
2. water in the abs pump contacts.
3. Faulty abs sensor at any of the wheels.
4. Hit a pot hole or kerb light sometimes comes on.
5. If the fault self rectifys the light will stay on till ecu is reset.

·
Registered
945 Posts
cheers mate... really apprerciate your help.. got home ok..

kept an eye on the guages and only drove at 60 mph.. steady..

so with me taking the battery off for a while would reset the ecu ???

if it is then it could save me money from going to dealers.. please advise..

·
Registered
862 Posts
Scotcruz said:
cheers mate... really apprerciate your help.. got home ok..

kept an eye on the guages and only drove at 60 mph.. steady..

so with me taking the battery off for a while would reset the ecu ???

if it is then it could save me money from going to dealers.. please advise..

Yes in theory that should re-set the ecu. Give it an hour or so then give it a check,glad to hear you made it back to civilisation mate.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I know, thank god for that one.. tried to reset the ecu.. nay luck.. its still there.. didnt wait for aslong as an hour though..

slight problem.. the built in telephone is defaulted to French and I dont know how to change it back to english..

problem after another.

any suggestions ???

·
Registered
945 Posts
got the phone language changed with the help of a translater. sorted !!

moose, bigman

any suggestion about the engine anti pollution warning and the car going in limp mode ???

·
Registered
862 Posts
Scotcruz said:
got the phone language changed with the help of a translater. sorted !!

moose, bigman

any suggestion about the engine anti pollution warning and the car going in limp mode ???
Limp mode is just the car protecting itself-
Check all fluid levels water,oil,fuel etc also how much of a charge is in the battery. to re-set the anti pollution warning that usually takes a trip to peugeot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts