Peugeot Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Uread and AdBlue are the same, but what you described is not Urea. You require fluid for FAP filter which is used during regeneration and for that you need mechanic and diagnostic. Urea can be filled by the driver and diagnostic is not needed.
Thank you for that, i will try to get nox senser, not very good with cars, but after reading the posts here, hope that could solve the issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2008 1.5Diesel 2016 Emmisons Warning Light Urea AdBlue

So I'm writing this to provide other users of the scenario I have been in regarding my 2008 2016 diesel... Started of with the engine warning light coming on with the prompt saying there is an Emissions fault. Following this after around ten minutes of driving the Urea (Light came on) despite the tank being already half full. Following this after re-starting my car the engine light comes on and says you will no longer be able to drive the car after 700 miles..... So I have taken this to the dealer despite the car being having only 40K on the clock and 6 months out of warranty and have been told it's the knock sensor... The charged £114 pound to plug it in to tell me the knock sensor is faulty... The knock sensors are pretty expensive and they charge around another 1 hr labour to fir..at £526... But I ended up being charged £700!!! because the centre section of the exhaust thread was damaged when they removed the knock sensor... So guys please be prepared to be screwed by the Peugeot dealer for this work.... I did try and ask for goodwill but they said because I had bought the car outwith Peugeot and had it serviced using a non-Peugeot garage they would not provide any goodwill. I hope this helps somebody... Very Very disappointing.
Mine is doing the exact same they have told me it’s a charge of £114 just for a diagnostic check I added the adblue as instructed and now my dashboard is lit up like a Christmas tree engine light is on the service light is on and the urea adblue warning is on I’ve had this car 3 montha and nobody is accepting responsibility for it, I won’t ever buy a Peugeot again that’s a fact so furious

·
Registered
6 Posts
Unless you are under warranty period don't take it to Peugeot. You would be better to take to a small garage to plug in. They will not charge as much as you 114 pound. And if it comes up with the Nox sensor they can fit it for you. Peugeot are a bunch of ripoff merchants that do not care for there customers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine is doing the exact same they have told me it’s a charge of £114 just for a diagnostic check I added the adblue as instructed and now my dashboard is lit up like a Christmas tree engine light is on the service light is on and the urea adblue warning is on I’ve had this car 3 montha and nobody is accepting responsibility for it, I won’t ever buy a Peugeot again that’s a fact so furious
The urea light problem (700miles restrictions is a major pain) A previous forum kinda said problem is linked to nox sensor unfortunately I replaced and didn't solve problems so going by this forum it could be urea tank with pump on it or either urea injector

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
It's not "Peugeot" you are taking your car to. It is an independent dealer, which has a license to use the Peugeot brand. There are good dealers... and there are bad dealers. Regardless of brand, a decent independant if your car is out of warranty is nearly always cheaper on simpler matters but that all depends on your relationship with the garages.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had similar problem in march with my 66plate, 1.6, 208. Took to Peugeot dealer as was advised by my smaller garage and charged nearly £500 for diagnostic and new nox sensor.
Lockdown happened, car has done less than 1000 miles and this week same thing happened. Went back to Peugeot thinking I had another dud sensor and now they are telling me I need a new adblue tank and costing £1000!!! (They won't tell me exact figure of course!)
Went back to the guy I bought it from who has said he will get his mechanic to look at it. Apparently he can override ECU as the adblue tank is sending the wrong signal that it's low when in fact it's full. has anyone had this done or heard of it? Just don't wanna pay and it not solve it...don't wanna have to pay 1000 if I don't have to.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had similar problem in march with my 66plate, 1.6, 208. Took to Peugeot dealer as was advised by my smaller garage and charged nearly £500 for diagnostic and new nox sensor.
Lockdown happened, car has done less than 1000 miles and this week same thing happened. Went back to Peugeot thinking I had another dud sensor and now they are telling me I need a new adblue tank and costing £1000!!! (They won't tell me exact figure of course!)
Went back to the guy I bought it from who has said he will get his mechanic to look at it. Apparently he can override ECU as the adblue tank is sending the wrong signal that it's low when in fact it's full. has anyone had this done or heard of it? Just don't wanna pay and it not solve it...don't wanna have to pay 1000 if I don't have to.
I have been through this loop with a Berlingo. Had a new NOX sensor - seemed to fix it but then after 50 miles it went again - engine light and urea. Had the system reset to allow another shot as was desperate - £40 :-( Now back counting down again and am working through the system from the tack back. Second hand tanks are available for a lot less. Before doing that I disconnected the visible tank sensor (car on ramps and spare wheel removed) and started the engine - engine light on again line and fault codes came up (I have a £10 code reader/resetter). Reconnected and cleared the codes - that just left the urea light. Next step is to check the voltages/resistance on the sensor plug and see if shorting foxes the ECU into thinking the tank sensor is registering. After that, I will drop the tank out - three bolts - and see if fiddling about makes a difference. Retired so I have time!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2016 Peugeot 5008 and today as I was returning home from a trip to the shops i'd say only 5mins into journey home I had the first warning bleep and engine warning light come on with a message on dashboard stating Engine fault Repair needed. Straight away after this I got second warning bleep and UREA warning light came on with a warning message on dashboard stating Emissions control fault.

Any ideas on what could be the problem, is it just that I need to possibly top-up with Adblue or could it be a mechanical problem and I need to take to garage?

Thanks
I have a 2016 Peugeot 5008 and today as I was returning home from a trip to the shops i'd say only 5mins into journey home I had the first warning bleep and engine warning light come on with a message on dashboard stating Engine fault Repair needed. Straight away after this I got second warning bleep and UREA warning light came on with a warning message on dashboard stating Emissions control fault.

Any ideas on what could be the problem, is it just that I need to possibly top-up with Adblue or could it be a mechanical problem and I need to take to garage?

Thanks
I have a same problem with service light altogether but the strange thing is that it goes off sometimes on its own. This is pissing me off.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thanks
I have a similar problem with my Peugeot 508 sw 2015 but the strange thing it comes and goes away automatically. This is the third time I have this problem any suggestion please

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Peugeot partner 2016 and I have been having the urea light on for so long
On the dash it's showing me the following

I keep deleting it by plugging it in
My mechanic told me it's additive pump I changed it and it's still on
If I leave it till it reaches 0 what would happen to the car ? Does anyone know the solution for It ?

·
Registered
262 Posts
once it hit 0 : engine will not start .
either fix the root cause or use professional scanner to reset the counter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys don't suppose anyone's warning lights have come on again? less than a month after being replaced?
Perfect timeing in the middle of all this not. ? I need my car.
Yes ME I’m raging! Iv got Peugeot 30082016), 55 500 miles on clock. I just got the NOX sensor replaced 4weeks ago £550 by local garage & same warning lights have came on taking it back to him on Thursday! At my wits end ..

·
Registered
1 Posts
2008 1.5Diesel 2016 Emmisons Warning Light Urea AdBlue

So I'm writing this to provide other users of the scenario I have been in regarding my 2008 2016 diesel... Started of with the engine warning light coming on with the prompt saying there is an Emissions fault. Following this after around ten minutes of driving the Urea (Light came on) despite the tank being already half full. Following this after re-starting my car the engine light comes on and says you will no longer be able to drive the car after 700 miles..... So I have taken this to the dealer despite the car being having only 40K on the clock and 6 months out of warranty and have been told it's the knock sensor... The charged £114 pound to plug it in to tell me the knock sensor is faulty... The knock sensors are pretty expensive and they charge around another 1 hr labour to fir..at £526... But I ended up being charged £700!!! because the centre section of the exhaust thread was damaged when they removed the knock sensor... So guys please be prepared to be screwed by the Peugeot dealer for this work.... I did try and ask for goodwill but they said because I had bought the car outwith Peugeot and had it serviced using a non-Peugeot garage they would not provide any goodwill. I hope this helps somebody... Very Very disappointing.
[/QU

feel for you mate

Just got the same news

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys I have a Peugeot 5008 2016 it had the U059E code on, the dealer said it needed a Nox sensor so I have changed that but now I have P220A and U1535 codes? Any suggestions on what to try next would really be appreciated!
Blessings,
Nate

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone sorted the above ? I have changed the nox and now have P220a and U1535 code too 🙈 need to know what to do

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys don't suppose anyone's warning lights have come on again? less than a month after being replaced?
Perfect timeing in the middle of all this not. ? I need my car.
Hi. Yes, my light has come on after NOX sensor being replaced. Taken it to Arnold Clark Peugeot twice. They put the light out, but couldnt find a fault. Now the light has come on again 😞.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts