1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not the start to Peugeot ownership i was hoping for :(
2002 307 2.0hdi 110
owned the car for a few days and it broke down today
warning light came on and into limp mode, fault code was something like dpf pressure uneven or similar, i didnt write down the code.
looked at the pressure readings and one stayed at zero and the other was 1400 (i think)
i looked under the car and it looks like there is some history with the dpf, new bolts and possibly a new or recent dpf and the temp sensor wire was just hanging there not connected. i disconnected the pressure pipes and a few drops of sooty black water came out. i traced the pipes to behind the battery, removed the battery and the the inspection door to find the pressure sensor held in place with a cable tie. sensor was removed and it seemed to be a replacement. one of the pipes going to it had a split in it, so i replaced it and thought that would do it.
code erased but came back as soon as the engine was revved. that got me wondering if the pressure pipes had been put on the wrong way round?
swapped the pipes over and erased the code, engine seemed to rev better and the light stayed off.
drove the car for a few miles, drove ok but no boost as such. a mate has a 1.6hdi that goes like a rocket compared to this, so i think i bought a pup!
anyway, which way round do the pipes go to the dpf?
any advice would be great, thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply
i will have to double check the car knows it has been replaced

any idea which way round the pipes go?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, so spent the day with the diag machine and found out that the turbo wastegate actuator vacuum valve was faulty. replaced it and the car boosts as it should :)
just one outstanding problem to sort, the downstream temp sensor on the dpf isnt doing anything so it may not regenerate

1 - 4 of 4 Posts