Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I was on the way to MOT today in my 2007 1.6 HDI 207. Just around the corner from the test centre the "antipollution" warning fashes and the car drops revs and I couldn't rev above 3000 anymore.

Car sailed through MOT as it was just serviced, but driving away I still have the problem. Car drives fine but won't go above 3000 revs and EML is solid on.

I plugged in OBD2 and got error codes - P0409, P0489, P0401, P0490 - All EGR faults.

So does four questions:

1. This mean I need to get the sensor or the valve replaced?
2. Could I just blank it off?
3. Any ideas on cost?
4. Is teh car safe to drive before I get it reaired?

I woudl be so grateful if anyone can help?

Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Remove the valve and check it. It could simply be clogged up with gunge. If it is, just clean it with a degreasing fluid but make sure it is opening/closing easily before replacing it. Also check the piping it is connected to as it will also likely be gunged up and will need cleaning.
It could also have failed. Can't help here with costs though.
Blanking it will not solve your problem as it needs to function first. Once you get it functioning, you can blank it off. I have blanked off all my egr systems because all they eventually do is create a wholesome sticky blocking mess in the intake manifold which leads to poor running and lots of nasty emissions, the very thing it is supposedly 'designed' to lower...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts