Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys just went to trade in my car for a 307 se sw 136 bhp its in excellent condition all round car drives nice pulls like a train however eml light is on but with no information or warning on dash. What could it be if it was serious wouldnt warning messages come on ? Guy said come back in 2 hours ill have it plugged in an fix the problem any ideas what it might be ? On my 1.6 hdi i always get a message with eml

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hi guys just went to trade in my car for a 307 se sw 136 bhp its in excellent condition all round car drives nice pulls like a train however eml light is on but with no information or warning on dash. What could it be if it was serious wouldnt warning messages come on ? Guy said come back in 2 hours ill have it plugged in an fix the problem any ideas what it might be ? On my 1.6 hdi i always get a message with eml
could be anything

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I'd be very wary of that one. I fell foul of an unscrupulous dealer when I bought a car which had the ABS warning light on. They said it was a sensor which they would replace. The light was off when I went back to buy it but it came back on within a short time. I reckon they just cleared the logged fault to turn off the warning light knowing full well it would come back on.

It would have to be something really simple for them to diagnose & repair in jus a couple of hours.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx for replies the guy rang me said it was the solenoid on starter motor he said weve already fetched starter motor just waitin for someone to fit it so you will have to wait until tomorrow. So i think that sounds ok i didnt think it was serious as car drives spot on tonnes of torque no warning messages

1 - 5 of 5 Posts