Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2016 2008. Yesterday my engine fault, UREA and adblue lights came on. The car was serviced in June and adblue was added. I took it back to my garage and they checked it and said that the valve is stuck closed and I need to bring it back to the dealer. The fuel tank may have to be replaced. They said it was a peugeot manufacturing issue. Before I contact the dealer does anyone have any similar experience and can I argue that its a Peugeot fault? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
It's the Adblue tank which may have to be changed not the fuel tank. All because Peugeot didn't fit a cap which vented, so as the adblue level dropped a vacuum is caused in the tank, thus overloading the adblue pump which is a part of the tank assembly.

There are several threads on this in different sections of this forum.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's the Adblue tank which may have to be changed not the fuel tank. All because Peugeot didn't fit a cap which vented, so as the adblue level dropped a vacuum is caused in the tank, thus overloading the adblue pump which is a part of the tank assembly.

There are several threads on this in different sections of this forum.
So, having just bought a 15 plate 2008 diesel, is it worth drilling a small vent hole in the adBlue tank cap?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts