Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have just had my car MOT'd and while it sailed through everything else, it failed hugely on emissions. It recently had it's upstream LAMBDA sensor replaced as well as the back box, however the readings from emissions where it failed (Circled in printout by test centre) are as follows:

COcor. - 0.79
LAMBDA - 1.082
HC - 698

Obviously HC is huge. Does this point to a failed CAT?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Check for a leak in the induction (Air) system. Additional air getting into the induction system can lead to a lean misfire that pumps unburned fuel into the system and through the exhaust.

More likely though is a knackered Catalytic Converter. If this is what it is ....shop around, they are not necessarily as expensive as you think. The best option though is a diagnostic which should point you in the right direction and which could save you money in the long run.

Good luck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's great thank you. Prior to the previous repair, it had a loud backfire that broke the back box, hence the repair so I'm wondering whether that knackered the catalytic converter.
The last diagnostic with Peugeot only highlighted the fault with the upstream lambda sensor so that was replaced.

It's booked in for a diagnostic tomorrow at the local garage.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
did they only run the emissions test once?

don't know why they pointing out the COcor!

Its the CO, HC and Lambda readings that matter.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think they did it twice but the print out was for one, to pass to a repairer. It's in for a diagnostic and a new emissions test now so they can figure out where the fault is.
I hasten to add, the EML light hasnt come on and no fault messages have come up on the dashboard screen.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Diagnostic and Emissions test done. The catalytic converter had broken up so that is now being replaced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts