Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi all,
thanks for helping me in the past, got told about a diagnostic cable from a friend who said he had seen some on ebay that didnt cost as much as the lexia3 kit.:eek: so i wondered over to the said site and bought this off ebay
ELM327 OBD2 1.4 USB CAR DIAGNOSTIC CODE READER SCANNER | eBay
it arrived last week:) and so i set to work installing the software (not peugeot planet or diagbox) on my dell laptop, everything installed ok no problems there.:thumb:
took laptop out to car and plugged in the cable started the diagnostic software then turned on ignition to second slot and to my woes the software didnt recognise my ecu:nono:
infact none of the software recognised anything to do with my car.
my question is are these just a con and a ripoff or do they actually work and was i doing something wrong.
i was gonna buy the lexia3 kit but a huge gas bill dropped on the mat and that threw a spanner in the works(that and the wife continuosly yakking on about what i need one for when the car is running ok)
if i remember correctly easyobd2 was one of the programs i was using off the supplied disc.
i have since sent it back for a refund as i couldnt get it to work.
its been playing on my mind all week as to why it wouldnt work so i thought id ask on here if any other members have touched this sort of cable and got it to work.
sorry for the long post but i wanted to get everything in.
oh well. hope kilvo texts me back with a time and date he can use pp2000 instead.

·
Registered
171 Posts
ELM327 Does not work on the 307, in fact it does not work on a lot of Peugeots!
Its ok for basic scan and reset on a lot of major vehicles but will not work on your 307.

Buy Planet = Happy Owner :)

Ade.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I bought a bluetooth code reader from Amazon for my last car based on the same ELM chip and guess what, It didn't work.

Based on the feedback on Amazon alone, all these cheap code readers are likely to be defective. It seems to be a lottery if you get a working one with the odds being on a defective unit.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Elm327

im getting a bit of a bonus from my works middle of february so ive decided to buy the lexia3 kit and pp2000:)
seems you cant beat this bit of kit as everyone gives it excellent feedback.:thumb:
well my minds made up.:nod:

·
Registered
145 Posts
I got a elm327 wired interface over a year ago and still cant get it to install on computer ive tried the lot just cant get it to work/ find interface...had it in to the local computer repair shop and they cant install it??? all the software works fine as ive had the ford diag tool and tried the scantool software on the ford interface and it works 100% think we have both got duds:confused:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Elm327

@ frankie406
it sure looked that way mate.:mad:
ive recently sent mine back and got a full refund.:)
i pointed out to the seller on ebay that it was misleading the wording of the advertisement as the ELM327 they were selling did not work with the 307 make of peugeot car.:nono:
dont think they have done anything about it though possibly just trying to sell as many as possible and hope not many send them back.:eek:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there,
I have the elm327 Bluetooth and Android app "Torque" and everything is working . I can scan and clear error codes and see live data. Here is my question , "Can I trust it?".
The car is 307 2.0 SXI petrol 04 plate

·
Registered
481 Posts
Installing the drivers for the ELM is notoriously difficult. I use it to read live data and its very good at that !

When you attach it to a COM PORT in settings it should recognise the interface , if it doesnt it's normally the drivers that arent installed correctly.

Im not 100% but I think it only works on XP or at least works best with XP.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts