Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i recently replaced the resistor on my blower fan on a 05 307 HDI XSI 136 after it was cutting out, i was well chuffed with myself as the help i had here allowed me to save a lot of money getting someone else to do it. However after the replacement things were great apart from a squeaky noise coming from the fan but i could live with that. however after about 1 month on, the fan is now on full constantly.

I have a feeling i have some dodgy electrics somewhere but really i dont know much about anything like this so was after some suggestions or if anyone else had encountered the same thing.

The reason i think there are some electrical gremlins are because of the following...

1. Now with the fan on full and nothing i can do to turn turn if i try the electric window buttons up when the windows are already up the fan slow down the headlights also dim
2. (this also occurred before changing the fan resistor) Driving at night, if i put my foot down i would hear a click noise coming from the fuse box in the glove box (it sounded like this area) also the lights would seem to dim at exactly the same point as the clicking noise, its hard to be 100% on the light issue here as the car lights in the road obviously move under acceleration.

If anyone could offer any advice or suggestions that would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Hi, i recently replaced the resistor on my blower fan on a 05 307 HDI XSI 136 after it was cutting out, i was well chuffed with myself as the help i had here allowed me to save a lot of money getting someone else to do it. However after the replacement things were great apart from a squeaky noise coming from the fan but i could live with that. however after about 1 month on, the fan is now on full constantly.

I have a feeling i have some dodgy electrics somewhere but really i dont know much about anything like this so was after some suggestions or if anyone else had encountered the same thing.

The reason i think there are some electrical gremlins are because of the following...

1. Now with the fan on full and nothing i can do to turn turn if i try the electric window buttons up when the windows are already up the fan slow down the headlights also dim
2. (this also occurred before changing the fan resistor) Driving at night, if i put my foot down i would hear a click noise coming from the fuse box in the glove box (it sounded like this area) also the lights would seem to dim at exactly the same point as the clicking noise, its hard to be 100% on the light issue here as the car lights in the road obviously move under acceleration.

If anyone could offer any advice or suggestions that would be great.

Thanks
I would get your battery and alternator tested and also try the bsi reset procedure

Put the driver's window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all equipment is switched off.

Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the ignition.

Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait 15 seconds.

Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do not open doors.).

Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.

Switch on the ignition and check system's functionality.

Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.

Remove key open & close door test central locking system.

Start the engine and complete the system's check.

·
5,631 Posts
The heater blower is quite a high current device, the squeak could be tight or dry bearings in the motor which increases the power load by quite an amount (often cause of resistor failure), this could highlight other problems such as a poor earth connection or as above battery etc issue, check battery and earth points etc.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for both the replies

i have checked the battery (12.7V) with nothing on and again with engine started (obviously blower on full) and got 14.5V then stopped and no ignition and went back to 12.9V im guessing they are good readings and indicate battery and alternator are ok

i will try the bsi reset tomorrow and see if that helps at all

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts