Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a problem that windows opened on their own ans eventually would not close. I panicked and went to local garage who disconnected them and removed the fuse. I have it booked in for a full check.

I have replaced the fuse but cannot find where they disconnected the Windows. Electric mirrors work but Windows don't. The weather is too hot for me to wait another week so I can open Windows. (AC needs topping up). Any ideas please.

·
Registered
70 Posts
They are probably disconnected under the button unit. There is a screw holding each one in possibly under a little round cover in the pocket parts of the switches. Once the screws are removed you can pop the whole unit out and the wires should be just below in the door. They are colored connectors if memory serves me correctly, so can only plug into the same colour port.

The window switch unit can be dissasembled easily to check for the cause of the problem. But are prone to collect dirt on the little black pads which make contact with the circuit board. A clean of these often gets them going again.

Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts