Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 307 1.6 HDI S 90 on a 55 Plate.

I've tried searching for a similar issue but haven't found anything. It's not a serious problem but is annoying.

More often than not, when I have one of the front windows open slightly and then try to raise or close it either by using the one touch or by holding the switch in the first position, the window goes down so that it is about 3/4 open. Trying to raise the window a second time results in the window winding down to the fully open position. When the window is fully open, operating the switch a third time will allow the window to raise and/or close.

As I sais, not a serious issue but very annoying if it starts to batter down with rain with the window slightly open.

My last car (Renault Laguna) sometimes had to reset the windows because the windows would only open or close by a small amount with each operation of the switch. Resetting was done by holding both the front window switches up for a few seconds. I have tried doing this on the 307 but to no avail.

Is there a way to reset or re-initialise the windows ?

Thanks In Advance

·
11,992 Posts
Common problem on 307s. Blow out all the crap from under the switch with a can of compressed air then give a quick squirt of electrical cleaner.

Then, with the window down spray silicone spray (back to black is my choice) in the felt-type window runner on the door.

That should sort it!

The motor is detecting resistance and interpreting it as an object in the way of the glass, so drops it down for safety reasons.

·
5,071 Posts
Common problem on 307s. Blow out all the crap from under the switch with a can of compressed air then give a quick squirt of electrical cleaner.

Then, with the window down spray silicone spray (back to black is my choice) in the felt-type window runner on the door.

That should sort it!

The motor is detecting resistance and interpreting it as an object in the way of the glass, so drops it down for safety reasons.
agreed.......Mr sheen or equivalent works as well :thumb:

·
Registered
593 Posts
if the above fails. i fixed mine by getting the windows to the bottom and keeping hold of the down button for 10 secs. then putting it all the way up and keeping it on for 10 secs.
fixed my problems anyway

1 - 5 of 5 Posts