Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I tried opening the rear off side window and i hear a bang and the window is now loose and won't go up or down. (i had to temporary wedge it closed) I took the door trim off and found by looking and feeling through the holes that the steel cable that drives the window has rusted and snapped.

I managed to get the winding pully out through the speaker hole (after drilling off the rivits that hold the speaker plastic frame) but can't for the life of me figure out how to replace the steel drive wire and fix the ends to the window.

It looks like the mechanism was fitted before they fitted the external skin of the door.

Can anyone tell me if this is fixable, or do i need to replace the whole door?

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I've done a 407 rear window reg.
Not hard. Bit of a faff, but not rocket science.
You don't need a rivet gun, there are kits that bolt in. You will need to drill the original one out though.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just looked at the ebay link of the window regulator, that looks exactly the same as i can just about see though the holes on the inner door skin. question is, how do i get the old one out and put the new one in? the inner and outer door skins and fued together.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
You'll need a kitchen paper to help staunch the blood, and a swear jar.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts