Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there , ive just bought a 1997 306 ph2

Its in very good condition BUT one of the electric windows does not work , the drivers side works perfect but the passeger side doesnt work at all,ive checked the fuses in the dash and they seem fine so my friend thinks it could be a dead motor in the door, is there anything else i should try before replacing the motor ? ive heard electrics on these cars can be quite poor,is this a common problem ?

Also id like to know if standard alloy wheels from a 307 will fit on a 306 ?

Thx for reading :)

·
Registered
862 Posts
chris_kinetic said:
Hi there , ive just bought a 1997 306 ph2

Its in very good condition BUT one of the electric windows does not work , the drivers side works perfect but the passeger side doesnt work at all,ive checked the fuses in the dash and they seem fine so my friend thinks it could be a dead motor in the door, is there anything else i should try before replacing the motor ? ive heard electrics on these cars can be quite poor,is this a common problem ?

Also id like to know if standard alloy wheels from a 307 will fit on a 306 ?

Thx for reading :)
Welcome to the forum :clap:

The faulty windows is possibly caused by a split in one of the wires. When you open the car door you will notice a corrugated rubber boot between door jam and car? This boot hold the wires for the windows ( and central locking) and is supposed to protect them. In a lot of cases it doesn't and the wires get trapped and severed.

Another thought ,Cars registered up to 99 wiring diagrams show that the Sunroof and Front Windows are controlled by a GREEN relay. You'll find it under the dashboard with the fuse box.

Alloy wheels-Both cars have a pcd of 4x108 they do have a slight difference in offset though.The 306 is 15to20 & the 307 is 15to25. The ‘Offset’ of a wheel measures the distance between the wheel centreline and the wheel mounting face and is measured in millimetres. It is extremely important that wheels of the correct offset are used in order to maintain the correct track of the vehicles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx for the reply, the electric sunroof seems to work fine and the drivers door also as ive mentioned, i'll check the wires to make sure none have been trapped

so apart from that it looks like a dead motor ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok ive looked over the wiring boot and it looks good so i cant see that being the problem, while in the car i also just noticed that the cigarette lighter doesnt work,infact the thing looks brand new but simply doesnt work , also the interior light only comes on when the front passenger door opens , none of the other doors will trigger it to come on so im thinking all this could possibly be related with the electric window problem? or am i clutching at straws ? as i cant really be bothered taking the door panels off the check the motors lol :D

·
Registered
862 Posts
chris_kinetic said:
Ok ive looked over the wiring boot and it looks good so i cant see that being the problem, while in the car i also just noticed that the cigarette lighter doesnt work,infact the thing looks brand new but simply doesnt work , also the interior light only comes on when the front passenger door opens , none of the other doors will trigger it to come on so im thinking all this could possibly be related with the electric window problem? or am i clutching at straws ? as i cant really be bothered taking the door panels off the check the motors lol :D

The fact that the courtesy light doesnt work is probably that the contacts inside the door switches are corroded. Go to Halfords and buy two more. They only cost a few quid each.

cigarette lighter-Check the fuse. I would imagine the cigarette lighter itself pretty juicy so unless someone used it to jump start the car (some people do) then it shouldn't have blown.

Does the window operate from the drivers control? if not it is more than likely the wiring harness half way down in between the hinges. undo and spray with wd40 (plenty) and let it soak in. Reconnect if it doesnt work then it looks like a new motor is needed (you have checked the relay?)

If you go for a new motor get one from a scrappy or independant.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again for the replies moose, the drivers console doesnt work the passenger window either so i will try the wd40 suggestion, i dont know which relay to check and whether one would be blown or not to be honest,i could take a photo of the fuse box and post it if that would help ? :)

·
Registered
862 Posts
chris_kinetic said:
Thanks again for the replies moose, the drivers console doesnt work the passenger window either so i will try the wd40 suggestion, i dont know which relay to check and whether one would be blown or not to be honest,i could take a photo of the fuse box and post it if that would help ? :)
Think its the only green relay under the dash at the fuse box if memory serves. :thumb:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Here's my two bob,

No interior light, no windows, do the doors lock ?

Usually when a problem happens on one side of the car it means it has been involved in an accident of some sorts.......

Check the internal connector in the doors they might not be connected, all else fails check in the engine compartment fuse box for a fusible link for the window relay.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah the doors lock ok, the lighting and window problem is on opposite sides of the car not just down one side so not sure bout that

1 - 9 of 9 Posts