Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason my drivers side front window will only power downwards and not up.

I could hear the motor working so ruled out a fuse fault then took the inside door card to reveal the motor,
I undid the three main bolts that fix the motor and removed it from its fixings then when I pressed the switch to lower or raise the window it
works in as much as the plastic cog on the motor unit only turns one way regardless of if you push the window switch to close or open.

I hope this makes sense ? !

Anyone advise what would cause the cog on the motor to refuse to go in what would be an upwards direction ?

As it stands the window is now totally down and the only way I can get it back up again is to take the door apart and
push the glass upwards from within the door...............Rain is forcast............Help ! ! !

Cheers

J

·
0 Posts
Now then mate. It'd be polite to post an introductions thread :cool:

Erm, if you ran a search on the forum you'd deffo find the information for this, but:

you should take the switch out via the correct method, I can copy this from the Haynes manual if you wish?

and basically, clean all connections with wire brush/whatever, should sort it

Edit: If the cog only goes one direction, it's probably a switch problem. I had problems with my windows, it's the connections within the switch

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jazz,
Apologies for not doing an Intro thread but was in a rush trying to get this sorted before dark whilst the car was in pieces. :mad:

I had done a few searches under window motors but wasn't coming up with anything relating to this problem. If you could be so very kind to copy that info from the haynes manual then I would be very grateful indeed.

Thanks and once again apologies for my abrupt entry into the Peugeot forum world.:eek:

Regards
Cosmic

J

·
0 Posts
No bother bud I'm not the law here anyway hehe

Just try cleaning the connections within the switch before you go mental with motors etc.

Anyway for the regulator get the window 2 thirds of the way up.

Remove inner trim panel, you know how to do this? Just a few torx screws and plastic clips.
Drill out the rivets securing door trim panel support bracket to door frame

Using a sharp knife, carefully release the plastic sealing sheet from the adhesive bead and remove the sheet from the door. If care is taken, it may just be possible to remove the sheet in one piece and reuse it when fitting.

Undo the two window clamp bolts

Slide the window up to fully close it. Secure it, masking tape apparently will do. Temporarily connect the switch and fully lower mechanism.

Mate that seems a full blown chew on, I did that on my 306 and it was hell .

As far as i know, you can pop the switch out with a screwdriver and clean the connections with a wire brush, make sure they are all firmly connected, and try again. Do that before you do a window rehaul

S

·
0 Posts
Definately sounds like a switch problem, i currently have it as well (i cant control passenger window from drivers side switch)

Do the controls on both sides fail to raise the window? or do you not have a switch on the drivers side for the passenger window?

Rich

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Stubbo,
Its the drivers side window that is refusing to go up, the only switch for this is the one in the driver side door. This same switch still operates the passenger side perfectly as does the switch within the passenger door.

Currently I have disconnected the switch within the door to stop it opening until I can resolve the fault.

Do you think a clean up of the connectors within the switch will resolve hthe problem or is it a new switch jobbie?

S

·
0 Posts
Apologies, i read it as passenger side!

I would probably still say its the unit, u could try opening it up and pressing/shorting the connections to see if the window operates

Mine works when i do this, so i assume its the plastic parts of the unit wearing! (theres little plastic arms in there which operate the contacts)

I havent replaced it though because i dont want to have to modify another one to turn it blue again! :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts