Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
jordansportsfan76 said:
I don't know, but I have found the idiots that sell these things electricchargerscom

As far as i know all superchargers are shaft or belt driven. Would have thought these would lead to decrease in power. You would be as well using a hairdryer in the cold air feed. Dont do it kids waste of money!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think would be a good alternative, but where would you fit it? on the good side you just have to add it no exhaust changes i think. Now as a question is it reving continiusly? or is it somehow connected to the gas pedal? this could improve the little lag that turbo cars experience, i've had that in a passat and in a seat leon.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Alexpd said:
I think would be a good alternative, but where would you fit it? on the good side you just have to add it no exhaust changes i think. Now as a question is it reving continiusly? or is it somehow connected to the gas pedal? this could improve the little lag that turbo cars experience, i've had that in a passat and in a seat leon.

They dont work all it is is an small impellar in a tube (basically). Waste of money but it is up to you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just to bring this one up again, myself and a work colleague were discussing this very thing. I need to somehow get more air into the air box to try to condense/compress it slightly, due to being high up in the mountains all the time. the air is dry and warm, I need it to be colder and slighlty moister.
We decided that the electric charge was indeed a waste of time and money, however, we concluded that you could indeed, quite cheaply achieve the aim using (probably) old cooling fan vanes from something like a hoover motor, have about three of them on a single shaft mounted in a tube inside the air intake, the idea is that the first vane speeds the air up to the second vane which in turn.... you get the drift. This was the idea the Germans had for their first jet engine, which by all accounts was pretty good for a first attempt. I don't need much compression, just a slightly greater volume than standard. IF, if it works, I will post up. Mind you this may take some time so don't hold your breath.

Jon

·
Registered
2 Posts
A 2.0 ltr motor turning at 5500 rpm pumps/consumes about 11,000 ltrs of air per minuet, 183 lts of air per second.

This is just to keep up with the engines basic needs, to supercharge or pressurise the air, the blower would need to blow air faster than this rate.

For the electric supercharger to work, it has to produce more extra power than its using in power to spin the elecric motor.

To generate this amount of airflow would need an electric motor of around about 30kw approx 40hp, just to break even.

Then you need to link the speed of the blower to the requirments of the engine.........Stick to belt or gear driven superchargers, or gas driven turbochargers.

Peter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts