Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Just bought a 2015 308 1.6 diesel. The rear electric window lock switch on the drivers door will not deactivate. It is showing the red led constantly. Also the electric wing mirrors won't adjust with the controls on the same panel. I am presuming it is likely that the control panel on the door is faulty. Is this a common issue? Any other suggestions? I've previously had a 307 without any issues. Hope I've not bought problems!

·
Registered
15,162 Posts
Could be a faulty switch but wiring can also cause issues where it goes through the door frame.

Reset may well fix it though but once reset you will probably have window issues and they need reset as BSI reset scrubs their memory.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could be a faulty switch but wiring can also cause issues where it goes through the door frame.

Reset may well fix it though but once reset you will probably have window issues and they need reset as BSI reset scrubs their memory.
Thanks for the response. Are you suggesting that the wiring loom could be broken or shorting out where it goes through the door frame? Also is resetting the window a difficult issue to resolve?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I would suspect seeing as its just been purchased that the battery has gone low, someone has jump started it or replaced the battery & in turn upset the BSI unit - try rebooting the BSI correctly first & see if the faults then disappear.

You will likely have to reset each window's anti pinch feature before the one shot open / close function will work.

Only other thing to check if the above doesn't work is if the switch unit is connected correctly at its multiplug - someone might have removed the switch in the cars past.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Also is resetting the window a difficult issue to resolve?
The 308 owners manual says:

Following reconnection of the battery, the safety anti-pinch function must be reinitialised. the safety anti-pinch is not active during these operations: - lower the window completely, then raise it, it will rise in steps of a few centimetres each time the switch is pressed.

Repeat the operation until the window closes completely, - press and hold the switch upwards for at least one second after reaching this position, window closed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 308 owners manual says:

Following reconnection of the battery, the safety anti-pinch function must be reinitialised. the safety anti-pinch is not active during these operations: - lower the window completely, then raise it, it will rise in steps of a few centimetres each time the switch is pressed.

Repeat the operation until the window closes completely, - press and hold the switch upwards for at least one second after reaching this position, window closed.
Thanks for both your responses. I'll give rebooting the BSI a go and work through resetting the windows. Both seem fairly straightforward.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts