Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi happy new year I got a 2007 407 2.2 16v coupe and kept getting a loss of steering and fault stop light come on when going around bends but just turned off engine and then restarted it and then it was fine again but now it won’t work at all, the fluids seam full but yet no power I was thinking it be the pump but unsure if it could be anything else would appreciate some info on this ?

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
You need to get the fault codes read with Planet/Diagbox. Hopefully they will point to what part of the system is causing the problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This has happened to my 407. The computer readout says there's a short circuit in the motor which drives the hydrolic pump. Mine is intermittant so it works for a while then stops working.
Does anyone know if the motor can be removed then repaired or is it a sealed unit which can't be entered. (thus needing a new motor)
Any info welcomed, Thanks, Don

·
Registered
82 Posts
My, slightly earlier, 307 was doing something similar. The mechanical seal failed which allowed fluid to fill the electrical end of the unit and the electronics fell off the circuit board as a result. Even so, it was working at times. What you can do to check is see if there's fluid on the electrical connection. Disconnect the plug and see if it's wet. If so it's fatal I'm afraid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts