Peugeot Forums banner

electric mirrors

9K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  Alzibub 
#1 ·
peugeot 307 2.0 136 hdi sport 57 plate
electric mirrors stopped folding in and out anyone know if there is a fuse for them before i start to strip the car down (fault just come on today may of been frozen) thanks alot "derek"

G
#2 ·
If any, I would check F5 30A fuse in passenger compartment - it lists this as being for "Front electric windows, sunroof, heated mirrors." so I would guess the folding mirrors would work off the same supply as the heated mirrors. Do the windows work? If so, this fuse would appear to be ok?

G
#4 ·
Bang goes that theory :)

Mine won't fold out if they have had water in when closed and then frozen - too much torque required for the motor to overcome this, and instead they stay folded in.

Have yours only failed to fold in the morning, or throughout the day?

#9 ·
I give mine a grease once a month, whether they need it or not. Constant folding and unfolding can soon wear away any lubricant.

Come to think of it I do quite a lot of regular preventative maintenance, does anyone else do the same or do they leave it until something breaks? As soon as I get a new (to me) car I strip it down and check and clean whatever I can get to.

The last four Pugs I've had have all had crappy corroded earth straps and points under the battery tray. As soon as I've stripped them down and cleaned them up, and also removed and cleaned and greased the glow plug lead the car has been much better.

Is poor maintenance why Pugs get the reputation for being unreliable? Do people just do the basics (oil, air filters) and nothing else?

G
#10 ·
I do the same, spraying door locks, checking over things etc etc

I think however most people are happy enough leaving things until they break these days

Could be why ive had 3 pugs and never really had a lemon as such, only minor niggly issues and never had one off the road for more than a day or 2! (and even then it was while we waited for parts) :)

I also do any work myself if i can, that way you know exactly whats going on!

#12 ·
Gibbo posted

I give mine a grease once a month, whether they need it or not. Constant folding and unfolding can soon wear away any lubricant.

I'm a newby here and this is my first post, well not really a post but mor of a question for Gibbo.
When you say grease your mirrors, how do you do this? Do you take the cover off and spray a lthium grease in there or just spray a grease inbetween the joint?
Also is it easy to remove the wingmirror painted bit, my N/S mirror folds fine but i cant adjust mirror angles, so i need to invedtigate the wiring and motor bit, any help apreciated.

I will complete my profile soon but i bought a 307CC, since i became a grandparent and had to drop my Audi TT. But i do get better MPG's from the diesel. Lol

#13 ·
When the mirror is folded closed I just spray a bit of grease on the exposed parts of the hinge, then open and close them a couple of times.

I don't know about yours but mine have very tiny scores or scrapes in the plastic which shows that dirt accumulates in there and grinds away at the two surfaces.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.