Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to drive the car the other day - car wouldn't move. Started coming up with handbrake failure. Anti roll back failure etc...

Eventually I figured out I could still manually release the handbrake by pushing the handbrake button away from me. I can drive the car although with warning lights.

Lights on are: SERVICE - (P)! - (!) - Auto (P) Off - Stability Control light.

If you push or pull handbrake lever you can hear the motor going but the handbrake doesn't stay on - it releases again.

Bought a Diagbox. It had a fault listed as can't communicate with secondry brake. When it runs through system checks it can't talk to secondary brake.

Thought (hoped) it might be a fuse. Limited info as to what fuses are. Checked all fuses not listed in the drive side fuse box. Looked in passenger side fuse box - what a joke!!!! Can't even get into it.

Any ideas? Sounds like handbrake ecu/ecm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Paid for Workshop manuals to try and troubleshoot this further.

Quite cool exploded diagram of all the parts for the Electric brake but there is only the control which is the switch and the motor unit. There doesn't seem to be a seperate ecu for the handbrake. It might tie into the BCM though.

Looking at the exploded diagram of the manual handbrake too you could possibly just fit a new handbrake. There are ones on ebay for £20. But then I think I would need a new center console so thats a lot of hassle and money.

Full wiring diagrams of the electric brake system inc fuses.

Still not any further forward so booked car into Peugeot.

I've not had to book a car in to a garage for years and years - I do everything myself so to say I am slightly :mad::mad:is an understatement.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dear Dave,
I too developed a similar problem. I got the following messages,
1. Anti roll-back failure
2. Automatic parking brake failure
3. ASR/ESP system fault
and occasionally "Break system Fault- Stop the vehicle"

I took is to Peugeot who tested the car and say that the ECU need to be replaced. My car has done only 50,000km and I am surprised that it has to undergo such a costly repair!

What was the outcome of your vehicle?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Had mine repaired the other day. Calliper motor failure. Still under warranty so it was FREE !!!!!!!
do you know how much it would cost you without warranty? THX

·
Registered
18 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.