Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
instead of carrying on around the roundabout because she was in the wrong lane, she procedes to smash in to my o/s/r. at first she blamed my speed??? ( we had just left a red light and the crash was 4 seconds later. ) but then admitted it was her fault.

my questions are, Does anybody know if the 307 side skirts are structural as I love this car. the pictures dont do the dents justice as the skirts are bent right in.

and if its fixable will my car always show as accident repaired on any car search? many thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,288 Posts
Insurance will write that off it will be a £1500 repair and your car is not worth that to them !!

If you want to keep it DO NOT let them take it away anywhere or you will not see it again once in the system they get gobbled up and taken to salvage yards for safe storage this ads to the cost of repair leading to it being written off !!

It then gets sold on at auction for 3-400 in your cars case I know I buy lots of them :)

good luck with agreeing blame too as roundabouts are notorious for arguments hope you got an independent witness.

·
Registered
687 Posts
is it worth taking to a small bodyshop to see how much to get it done and playing it that way? At least there should be no problems getting a 2nd hand door

·
Registered
58 Posts
Had my 206 sw written off just after christmas for a dent in the front offside wing and a tiny dent in the drivers door. They only paid me £900 but bought the car back for £27 and replaced the wing for £35, living with the tiny dent in the door. Car will always be a cat c but plan to keep till it is totaly dead so no loss and the mrs got a big posh fridge out of it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks everyone. its absolutely ridiculous. the roundabout in question has three lanes, each with a specified arrow in. She decides to cut through two and by the sounds of it she will argue its a roundabout and cost me money. 15 years of no claim driving down the pan for me.

·
Registered
14,288 Posts
I feel your pain this happened to my son twice in a month similar scenario and both times the insurance wanted to go 50/50 as they don't want the agro we stood our ground found a witness for the first one got that sorted out and second one may well have just caved as it was sorted 2 weeks later :)

They don't like it when you fight with them !

Take pics of the road layout and show cars using all 3 lanes properly this helped our case as they could see everyone else getting it right.

·
Registered
287 Posts
its a snidy trick to try and get the other party to cave, dont accept responsibility no matter what.

but on a clearly marked roundabout shooting across 2 lanes is clearly that persons fault.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We'll you guys were right, total loss team just called me, category C and a £2295 payout is expected in my bank account tomorrow. Sigh....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts