Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed the timing belt last weekend along with water pump and new (it turns out) elasticated alternator belt.

Car is a 110bhp Hdi and with no adjuster on the belt only an idler pulley it proved an absolute nightmare to get the new belt on.

We (me and the brother) slackened the compressor off to angle it , forced the belt on and with a pry bar forced the compressor back and re bolted back in place.

Question is surely to God there is a better way to get this belt back on than the above?? if so i would love to be enlightened :thumb:

Cheers

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
im not sure if this is relevant, in my focus, the drive belt is auto adjusted...to replace you have to loosen off the tensioner with a torque wrench...could be the same

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As most cars John they have a tensioner in place. On this the belt goes around the bottom pulley , alternator , compressor and an idler pulley , no tensioner in sight :(

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
sorry for the confusion, i know most cars have a tensioner i meant as in an auto tensioner that auto adjusts to the wear on the belt...so you dont get bad charge from the alternator or that stupid squeek you hear on older cars. :thumb:

but on reading it again, that does sound wierd...what you had to do. i bet there is an easier way...of which im not sure :lol:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers guys , CMAX , on my idler pulley there are no holes as shown in the diagram it is just a straight forward pulley with a bolt through the middle?

David , do you know the name of the tool and a quick description of what it looks like...Cheers

D

·
0 Posts
Cheers guys , CMAX , on my idler pulley there are no holes as shown in the diagram it is just a straight forward pulley with a bolt through the middle?

David , do you know the name of the tool and a quick description of what it looks like...Cheers
Pretty much it allows the belt to ride up onto the pulley. The tool acts as a ramp. There should be plenty of tool suppliers on the net selling them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mr Eric King

Changed my cam belt last night, and then to my surprise no adjustment. To get it on I clamped it to the crank pulley with a small g clamp, then just wound it on, turning the engine with a spanner. You have to be careful as it passes the crank shaft sensor

1 - 14 of 14 Posts