Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to disconnect the wiring to egr valve to see if car runs better with no exhaust gasses being recirculated. Not wanting to remove parts I don't need to, could someone please tell me the best and easiest way to get to it? The car is 308 59 plate 1.6 hdi, and the valve is fitted on the right hand rear of cylinder head as you look from front of engine bay. Will I need to remove the whole of the air filter box?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
egr

Sorry for lack of info Dave, have edited original thread. Thanks for swift response.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
egr

Found the egr. Wiring connector is a couple of inches behind water sensor for fuel filter. Have disconnected it and will run it for a thousand miles or so. If it is any better then I will blank it off, if no better then I will just re-connect it. Engine management light stays on with it disconnected as expected. To blank it off looks a bit of a tight job, may have to remove wipers and scuttle panel and maybe battery so I can get my sausage fingers in.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have run car for 250 miles with egr disconnected and to be honest it runs better with it connected and does better on mpg. There was nothing wrong with it before, just fancied trying it. Management light went back off after 20 miles so it's back to as you were. Lesson, if it isn't broke don't try to fix it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts