Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have an 04 peugeot 307 sw 2.0 hdi 90bhp.

I think the answer to all this would be it needs a good peugeot planet diagnostic

I have limited experience of driving diesels but appears to be driving fine, but every 50miles or so the engine management light comes on.

I have used my basic OBD reader and im aware from reading that these arent the best useful, but these were the codes it came up with

P0183 Fuel Temp Sensor A Circuit high temp
p1352 N/a Manufacture specific
P0400 EGR Malfunction

Also comes up with the antipollution fault.

Now im not sure what exactly whats going on but thinking worst case scenario theres a problem with the EGR valve, what are my options - i do not think i would be able to replace myself and looks like it could be a costly job, i have seen some posts about "blanking" is this doable on this vehicle myself or should i leave someone with more experience to it/costs.

Just not sure what to do, it drives well at the moment, is it likely to suddenly give up if i carry on....

Thanks

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Hi,

I have an 04 peugeot 307 sw 2.0 hdi 90bhp.

I think the answer to all this would be it needs a good peugeot planet diagnostic

I have limited experience of driving diesels but appears to be driving fine, but every 50miles or so the engine management light comes on.

I have used my basic OBD reader and im aware from reading that these arent the best useful, but these were the codes it came up with

P0183 Fuel Temp Sensor A Circuit high temp
p1352 N/a Manufacture specific
P0400 EGR Malfunction

Also comes up with the antipollution fault.

Now im not sure what exactly whats going on but thinking worst case scenario theres a problem with the EGR valve, what are my options - i do not think i would be able to replace myself and looks like it could be a costly job, i have seen some posts about "blanking" is this doable on this vehicle myself or should i leave someone with more experience to it/costs.

Just not sure what to do, it drives well at the moment, is it likely to suddenly give up if i carry on....

Thanks
your second fault is Ignition coil A Primary circuit Malfunction / SID 801- Pre/Post heating relay circuit - Relay & Pre-Heat plugs not controlled .. which could be the cause of your EML

your egr question is http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/maintenance-9/how-blank-egr-valve-peugeot-307-90bhp-41145/

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply, what does that mean a fault with the ignition....glow plugs??

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
your second fault is Ignition coil A Primary circuit Malfunction / SID 801- Pre/Post heating relay circuit - Relay & Pre-Heat plugs not controlled .. which could be the cause of your EML

What is the likely cause of this, thanks

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
A you highlighted yourself, PP2000 would be better and the generic readers aren't the best.

PP2K will give you parameter and variables information for each fault code, which in turn gives you more of an idea about what's happening to cause the faults.

Your glow plugs may not be the biggest concern, as the car doesn't need them to start. However, it does need them for DPF regen.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts

What is the likely cause of this, thanks
I think it is not doing a regen .. , I used this to work out the code"" EOBD II Codes Information
RFW Software Solutions "" google you might be able to find the software but Planet is the best Diagnostic to use

·
11,790 Posts
90bhp doesn't have a DPF so it won't be regenerating.

You need a Planet diagnostic to read live data. If your diesel temperature sensor is faulty (first fault code) then Planet will read and display the vales to confirm.

Its a £49 part and expensive to replace if the diagnostic is misread by your reader or misinterpreted.

But from my long experience of the 90bhp model, none of the faults you mention would give an antipollution fault or bring on the fault light. They're common problems and I've had them on two of my 90bhp 307s and my brother's SW.

I'm guessing that there are other faults your reader isn't even detecting.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/how-contact-member-peugeot-planet-diagnostic-28190/

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/introductions-28/brief-faq-guide-new-members-83170/#post529130

And there's a guide on here about blanking the 90bhp engine's EGR with a golf tee, written by me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for replies, I think it really does need a good Peugeot planet session to find out what's going on. I have contacted one member and will hopefully hear back soon, I need to update my profile but I travel around quite a bit but am at the moment in Devon....where are you gibbo

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The plot thickens....

so that maybe pointing me to the other two more. Im hoping to go see hdi tuning soon as am considering a stage 1 remap if all is well or another member with planet to give me more clues.

Ill be doing a run from devon down to milton keynes on the 1st so if anyone is free along the m5/m4 ways and can have a look would really appreciate it as wanting to repair the air con condenser asap but not wanting to throw money away if theres a more serious fault....

So finally had a spare moment to have a quick look at the car and have noticed that someone has already removed the egr vacuum hose in a similar fashion to the clear guide written on here. The blue plug is still connected, so i should probably disconnect this and maybe see what happens after i clear the codes, although from the guide it appears that once it is blanked if should not really being bring the light or antipollution fault on.....

if it is the diesel temperature sensor, you say the part is about £50, it is hard or expensive labour wise to change cannot see anything in the haynes manual about it,is there are guide or something anywhere?

Many thanks, i am determined as enjoying driving the car and doesnt seem to be anything wrong with it but i am planning on do high miles soon so want to be sure and not end up stuck somewhere really

·
11,790 Posts
if it is the diesel temperature sensor, you say the part is about £50, it is hard or expensive labour wise to change cannot see anything in the haynes manual about it,is there are guide or something anywhere?
Dead easy to change. Just unclip a couple of pipes and unscrew from the mounting.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks gibbo fiddled with a few things and a few loose wires, disconnected the EGR blue clip and so far nothing has come back EML wise so will see but still need to get it scanned i think, but good to know its not a hugely involved job

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply, what does that mean a fault with the ignition....glow plugs??
There are two different fault descriptions for the one error code...

The first part is for petrol engines and refers to the ignition coil the second part is for diesel engines fitted with a Siemens SID801 ECU

As it's a 90bhp it won't have a DPF as gibbo has already mentioned and unless we get major sub zero temperatures you won't need glow plugs to start the car so unlikely this error will be giving you your problems.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks storeman, i dont quite understand what programme your refferring to but its sounds useful so probably could do with it..... until a point in time i feel confident enough and can afford planet.

As said i think there was a loose wire not sure which one but had to push that one in. Also by complete mistake i filled her up with shell nitro diesel (was cursing at first as it costs me probably an extra fiver) but since clearing the code so far it is yet to return fingers crossed!!! Its always driven fine which is what confused me more really

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
The program is simply a lookup table for fault codes. It does not connect to the car.

I wrote it because so many people post the codes but they don't know what they mean. I got tired of googling the codes to find out what they meant so I found as many codes as I could from various sources on the internet and incorporated the results into a program where you enter the code and it gives you the description if the code is found.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thats sounds really good and helpful for those who dont have access to planet, i would really appreciate if i good have it please. Thanks

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Program can be downloaded from my dropbox https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105773257/EOBD2/EOBD2.rar

It doesn't seem to like being installed on windows 7 x64. On my machine it installs and autoruns but once closed down it doesn't start again for some reason. Works fine in a 32 bit environment though. I have it working on a windows 7 x32 laptop and on my windows xp laptop.

As far as incorporating it into the site - that's way beyond my skill level. I have a very basic knowledge of PHP and SQL. I have written front end programs to MS Access databases, some using pure simple sql to manipulate the database and some using VB's built in database tools but never written any web applications or used inside a PHP environment.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts