Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and do i have one, the car has been running terrible,making a noise like the exhaust is blowing badly and now has a misfire at tickover, its a 307 02 plated 2.0 petrol xsi,if i do have a egr valve ,can anybody tell me where it is as i have had my hands all over and can't find it,also do i have a mass air flow sensor and could this be the offending object....i'm kind of at a loss with it at the moment....and ideas would be greatly appreciated. thankyou
Matt.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Try tracing back any pipe which enters the air intake manifold... if you have an EGR valve, you will find it on one of them :thumb:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks John,but i can't see anything that even resembles anything that looks like the the egr valve and as for the maf i don't even know what i'm, supposed to be looking for.....this is really beginning to get me down....

·
Registered
35 Posts
im looking for my EGR to cant find it.

1.4; petrol year 2002

any one got a pic of it in place?or instructions id like to clean or replace if possible.

·
Registered
26 Posts
im looking for my EGR to cant find it.

1.4; petrol year 2002

any one got a pic of it in place?or instructions id like to clean or replace if possible.
At work till midnight but if I can find a picture, I'll post it tomorrow.. I blanked mine off a while back & the car has ran sweetly ever since.. Be warned.. It is a B*STARD to simply locate..... & as for getting hands & tools to it?? THE MOST challenging thing my car has ever presented me with.. The very best of luck!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
At work till midnight but if I can find a picture, I'll post it tomorrow.. I blanked mine off a while back & the car has ran sweetly ever since.. Be warned.. It is a B*STARD to simply locate..... & as for getting hands & tools to it?? THE MOST challenging thing my car has ever presented me with.. The very best of luck!!
a picture would be great :D
thanks

is it really that hard to do? i was reading some saying u have to move the whole engine? or is that just on the diesel models?

i did my dads opel astra/vauxhall and it takes like 30mins......

p.s and when u say blanked it off?u mean completely blanked it off with a plate? is it not essential for the engine to run?

also is the EGR called anything else so i can search the net, egr on peugeot 307 petrol brings up very little results

hopefully i can do it myself i like being able to do stuff myself

1 - 9 of 9 Posts